RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Badius Owners Club
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 08:43 PM
AgCat1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

Beav, LiPo's have nothing to do with brushless motors. LiPo's are a technological leap on their own! They simply carry more gas (volume of power) with less weight than NiMH or NiCd. For a while you would still need NiCd's when needing LOTS of amps. But, with the new generation LiPo's, you can pretty well get it with them if you can afford the pocked change.

LiPo and brushless just happen to arrive at about the same time and were made for each other, but not by design! You are getting lighter motors that can handle lots more power more efficiently and lighter batteries that give more power. Together, they are amazing! You can just as easily use LiPo with brushed motors and NiMH with brushless motors and gain ground in the process.

Also, with LiPo friendly ESC's you don't have to monitor the battery. It will shut down when it is time. You only have a problem if you try using ESC's that are not made for LiPo's. If not watching, you stand the chance of over discharging.

Blisters, the Moth seemed to be flying just fine. Flew inverted great! I just did not get the chance to really test it out and run it through the mill! I have it all back together with very little epoxy, plus, it had no fuse damage to warp anything. Where the upper wing came apart was a weak spot in the design. Now I am waiting for the wind to die again![>:]