RCU Forums - View Single Post - PATRIOT FOR SELL?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 04:32 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Default RE: PATRIOT FOR SELL?

Hard to say really, if the thing looks immaculate with a kickass scheme on it and all built perfectly, it's worth more. To the right person possibly even more than what it would cost to build it new. It's very subjective to personal tastes, and value of quality. Could be anywhere from $300 to $700. Depends what JETT 50 it is, what model spring air retracts, are all the servo's brand new with just the 11 flights or did they come out of another plane somewhere previous. Receiver isn't something most people want because it likely isn't on their channel or even the type of radio they use, at least the servo's are usable with other systems though may require some modification on the plugs. Batteries, I would never buy used batteries simply due to not knowing how they were treated, charged, cycled etc. Engine is a tough one, did it ever have a lean run? etc etc etc, so as I say, there are so many variables. When it comes to selling any airplane, what it's worth is what somebody is willing to pay for it and what you are willing to sell it for. You have to decide what is the LEAST amount YOU will accept for it and then start a little above that to give some room for dealing. If the least you will accept is $500 but market value is only $300 then chances of getting your 500 is slim, but if that's the minimum you'd take, then that's what you have to ask. I've put airplanes up for sale asking 10% or 15% above my minimum, some sell right away, others take a long time. Sometimes it sells for way less than I COULD have gotten, but as long as I got what I wanted I'm happy. If you think it's worth more than what you will accept, then place the ad for $xxxx or best offer.