RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull PC-9 with YS.63 how fast?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 10:18 PM
myork
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seagull PC-9 with YS.63 how fast?

O.k. guys. Sorry haven't been to posting alot here alot. Here's how the PC9 turned out. It's friggin awesome. It's very fast and I'm still on the break in period on the motor. So i'm leaving some power on the table. The only thing I didn't use from the ARF kit was the clevis's on the elevator, rudder etc. and the fuel tank. We ended up using a 12 oz Dr. Pepper bottle for the tank. The bottle worked good. But the fuse. is to narrow for and the former's rubbed a hole in each side of the fuel tank. YS+leaky fuel tank= No power. So i'm going to have to replace the tank. Going with a Hayes Slimline from tower. But like I said before I didn't mod anything to the plane itself except for the steering issue like said before. I didn't gap seal the hinges nor did I replace the stock pushrods. I have no flutter issue at all. All in All the PC9 is a very nice ARF for the money and the amount of work you have todo to build it. Very nice quality. You couldn't ask for a better flying airplane. It does land hot. But high performance airplanes need high performance landing. Speed is insane. Of course this is my 3rd airplane and I just started flying this spring. Went from a Nexstar, to Clipped wing 4* 40 with a tail that looks like a Ultimate (very aerobatic) with a ENYA .45, then to the PC9 I'm wanting to get my hands on a Quickie 500 plane next. So the PC9 might not compare to that. The PC9 drew some attention at the field. There are many nice planes in the club. But it seemed like the other guys were keeping there eys on the PC9. Plus the roar of that YS with no muffler will get you attention aswell. Next time I fly it I will take some video. I don't know when that will be. It's around 30 degrees outside right now here in KY. So going to the flying field is not high on my list right now. I can't wait till spring Hopefully I'll have the PC9 and a Quickie 500 by then. Let the race's begin. I'm definetly a Speed Freak.