Thread: Basic
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 02:01 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Basic

ORIGINAL: Phaedrus-MMVI

IMAC Rules page GR-2, Section 3.5 Difficulty or “K” factors for known and unknown sequences
will be derived from the current FAI catalogue used in International
Aerobatic Club (IAC) competition, and modified as required by the
International Miniature Aerobatic Club (IMAC).
It depends. For instance, a zero on the Sharkstooth loses you 180 points per judge (360 with both giving zeros) while a zero on the Immelmann loses you 100 points per judge, or 200 total. I can tell you that it is possible to zero a low K figure and do well on the high K figures and beat someone who did not zero anything. Of course, it is best NOT to zero anything, but don't ever think that it means the round is a total loss.

Say you got a zero on the Immelmann an 8 on the Sharkstooth. You would have a total of 288 points. Now say you got 5's on BOTH. You would only have 280 points with no zeros. So you can see, it all depends on what you zero and how well you do on the others.

Thanks. That's EXACTLY the sort of insight I was looking for. And I'm not trying to figure out how to beat the game, etc.; we were just discussing this yesterday and this topic came up. Neither my pal or I have ever participated in any sort of judged competition, and we were wondering about the subjective nature of same.

IOW, PaulBK's advice is very sound for those who want to get the best possible score. Hell... I'll be happy just to FINISH the sequence without embarassing myself.