RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Speed Eindecker
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 12:23 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Speed Eindecker

Lewis has kinda dissapeared the last year or so, I was really looking forward to his "pacemaker" release. He had been working with my laser cutter and then got tied up with travel for his work. I believe he has since taken a new job with less travel, but he hasn't yet reappeared.

Got some more work on it done last night. This summer I was experimenting with some Seeker fuse sides where I laminated the inside of the fuse with 2.4 oz carbon fiber fabric. It came out EXTREMELY solid, but a little too heavy to finish as a quickee. Last night I fitted the horizontal stab to the fuze and worked on building up the rear of the fuse (so the plane will now be a midwing). At the rear of the wing I am only adding about 3/4" of balsa to the sides, so I am not adding that much additional area. I am going to buzz a quickee wing at the tips through my table saw at the same angle that I cut my tail, cap and round off.

Nothing overly fancy here.

I"m heading to the hobby store in a few minutes to find the right wheels, and possibly a machine gun for the nose