RCU Forums - View Single Post - My A-10 Warthog Project
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Gry101
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My A-10 Warthog Project

Paul,

Thanks for the fast feedback. I did send an e-mail to Larry Wolf at Jet Hagar Hobbies. He said that the Turbax 1 is the right fan unit and will work on an OS46. He said that at 16 pound it will have a greater than 1 to 1. I would bet that even at 18 or so it will be close to 1 to 1 then. Larry also stated that the Turbax fans will save around 4 pounds of nose wight to balance [8D].

I hope that it will not weigh that much (22-25 pounds). That makes the WL about 50 oz/ft, ow! My father-in-law did have a Canadair CL-215 that had a WL of 52 oz/in and it flew great, once []. It has the same wing design as the Hog.

I was going to go with JR digitals, but may go to Hitecs. I do still plan on having one servo per flap(4)/ail(2)/ele(2) and one for the rudder. I do not like bell crank setups but will have to live with the one for the rudders.

I do not have a digital camera, but will post here if it is ok with other questions and hopefully answers.

Thanks again Paul!

Andrew from warm, sunny CA

p.s. My Mom's family is from out that way, Twin Cities suburbs. Stay warm and don't sniff too much CA fumes.