RCU Forums - View Single Post - Let's Loft!
Thread: Let's Loft!
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Let's Loft!

Ramble on Rob, that's what this thread is for! I agree that a good hand drawn set of plans can be just as accurate as a good CAD drawn set of plans, it's all up to the person doing the drawing. I don't think that a CAD program makes a bad designer any better, it only speeds up how fast they can finish off bad designs! Beleive me, it is not a great deal harder to introduce mistakes into a CAD drawn set of plans than it is for a hand drawn set. Ask me how I know! I've built from and/or cut kits from plans by most of the big name designers and my two favorites have been Brian Taylor and Phillip Avonds. Both of these guys are hand drawing their plans and have amazingly few errors when it comes to parts fitting together properly. Their is one other big advantage of designing in CAD however, and that is laser cutting. The best thing since sliced bread as far as I'm concerned! By the way, I'm using ACAD 2000 at home and 2006 at work. Both have some advantages over R14 but their is nothing we're doing here that you can't do in R14. Believe me, this kind of stuff barely even scratches the surface of what ACAD is capable of.

Marc, thanks for the kudos. Your Mig-3 plans are looking great and I'm watching your thread with much interest.