RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum radio
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Airbike
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum radio

Hey Capt,

I was/am tempted to install the Spektrum Rx into my electric pylon plane (30" wing span, 16oz all up weight, these specs seem to say this is a parkflyer, except that is was radared at over 120mph doing level laps, prob 140+ in a dive)

But I think I will wait a while for more information from all of the users to see if there are any hidden gremlins. Meanwhile, I'll continue to check out its performance in the Fliton Mini Extra.

I would suppose that Horizon specified this system for parkflyers and micro-helis to limit their liability exposure while the technology matured a little. At the same time, they've been able to be the "First to Market" to grab a significant market share even if others come out with similar systems, perhaps based on something just different enough not to infringe on any patents.

Oh and about that pylon racer; I'm waiting for a replacement now since it took a glitch (electron 6 Rx) when it was low and banked hard and at about 100-120mph. Nice puff of dirt it threw up!!![:@]