RCU Forums - View Single Post - need planes for sr-71 blackbird-prop jet
Old 12-22-2005, 09:41 PM
cncswiss1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need planes for sr-71 blackbird-prop jet

I am working on a spad SR-71 with twin tt36's with side to rear conversion headers and full pipes. Rev A was a little too big for the engines and a bit tail heavy (it demise was because of the tail heavy).. the fuse acts as a wing, but in high alpha it REALLY acts as a wing. it likes to go fast and groove, not slow down and land (or stall, gyrate, flop in my case). either way rev B is almost done, if I could only get some free time to finish it.

I have cad files of the SR-71 and my scaled version , altered the engine location a tad to fit prop requirements, and simplified the tail group some (no need for split tail groups on each wing, just run them thru the simulated engines, hide the servos in there as well)

the biggest goofyness is the spinner "nose cones" have to point out instead of in to get the needed outthrust, backwards from scale, but still cool looking.

the "new speed plane" thread here with the Twin clipped wing dust inspired me, it looked like an SR with no fuse.

send me your email and file type requirements if you want it. (it's cad 2004.DWG right now but I can make DXFs or PDFs etc..)