RCU Forums - View Single Post - Orbit Radio
Thread: Orbit Radio
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 06:14 PM
MX240
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Orbit Radio

Boy, you guys sure bring back the memories.
High Plains & Mike have it right.....but you guys talk about the "Gold Medal Radio's" made by Kraft. Is that the same as the "Signature Series" radios made by Kraft that would have a person's name engraved on the front plate of the transmitter?? Now let me tell you the story of how I bought one of these thousand dollar Kraft radio's. I was at a farm auction one day and in this bucket of "junk" that the farmer was selling there was a model engine. It was a Morton M-5 radio five cylinder engine WITH a metal three bladed prop. I payed $125 for the bucket of junk and tossed the "junk" behind the farmers barn and put the M-5 on the seat of my pickup. It was frozen solid from setting out in the chicken coup all the years, but cleaned up nice. The metal prop shined up like chrome. After soaking for two weeks in kerosene I got it too turn over. Too make a long story short, I sold that M-5 to a guy on the east coast for the money to buy a Kraft Signature Series radio. Wish I had the M-5 back now.

I still have a Orbit single channel with a couple SN & Bonner varicomp escapments and a Orbit 7-14.
with servos. I started flying in the fifties with Wag equipment and a Rudder Bug. Still remember the serial number of those tubes like my army serial number.
See Ya
Jim