RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airtronics Stylus
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2002, 09:08 AM
TXDA2000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing Cards

Up front I am a field rep for Airtronics.

As far as flying on different cards, here's my take on the subject. I often go out with my 40% IMAC plane and an XCell Fury Heli. I have literally spent all day going from one to the other every couple of flights. Really, its not that big of a hassle. Takes maybe two minutes to power down, insert the other feature card, power up, insert model memory card and choose model. The big down side to this is the card release lever is WEAK. I took some helicopter blade tape and made some pull tabs for the cards. That made all the difference in the world.

The 9C programming is about on par with the stylus w/ no feature cards installed. With the Acro or Heli card, the stylus is as powerful as a 9Z, but much easier to program. The JR stuff is way behind Futaba and Airtronics.

I've been with Airtronics for two years. For 15 years before that I flew Futaba and JR thru the 9Z and 10S. Had a 9Z for 8 years before switching to the Stylus. I used to put Airtronics in a lower category like most people until I really got to looking at the features.

The support is great. The only downside is upgrades come to the market slower than the other guys. I think most Airtronics guys are ready for a 9 channel Stylus with digital trims. Maybe a bigger screen. I would be more than satisfied if they kept the current software.

As far as dual elevator servos, with the acro card its much easier and does a better job than a 9Z. This comes from recent personal experience setting up my Carden Cap with my Stylus, and another guys cap with a WCII.

We won't even get into the servos, thats another discussion.

Daniel Rathbun
Team Airtronics