RCU Forums - View Single Post - small racer? need help
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: small racer? need help

ORIGINAL: Airbike-RCU

Wow Ed S, you must not have much common sense if you actually even thought about lauching down the start line at your next race!.

I never mentioned anything about racing. I was just describing how the plane would react to the engine spooling up.

And Yes, I have lauched down the start line, except there was no one there, then the plane torques to the left and it's lined up nicely with the runway. I've launched straight ahead also, even downwind.

I did cut the rudder free on my LR-1 and it works fine to keep the plane tracking straight down the runway. There is more than one way to get a plane into the air.

I would hope that people playing with speed planes have at least a little common sense to know when, where, and how to do certain things.

Well I use right rudder too to go straight down the runway and while climbing out.
The left turn is a result of P-factor, reactionary torque and gyroscopic precession.

Add a tail wheel and taxi out to take off and taxi back.

AMA requires rudder on the pylon planes. so you dont have to align yor plane with the start line.[8D]

Why I will put a rudder on my LR-1......

I once watched a maiden flight. A Q-500 type plane with out rudders a .45 Ducted Fan piped motor tuned to its prop 18,500. Pilot set the plane down 5 feet in front of him aligned straight with the runway. Full throttle take off the plane got off fast hooking left rolled on its back and and splattered into a picknic table behind the pit fence. The debris was scattered over 60 feet from point of impact! Which was 6 feet short of the hood of a new Buick. Pilot said "I was hold right aileron but it would not respond !?!"

My new mount installed with a Jett .50
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78863.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	378345   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99891.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	378346