RCU Forums - View Single Post - trying to decide on a radio
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2002, 03:55 AM
sieman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welcome to one of the greatest hobbies on earth

Read the first reply to this post again because he is right on. I would disagree with one thing. I would say to go ahead and get a computer radio. I got a futaba 6DA to start off with. This is a great radio, but once I got comfortable and bought a second and third plane, the non-computer radio got inconvenient if not dangerous. One of my warbirds has to be set up with the rudder and elevator back wards. I remembered for about a month, but when I Finlay forgot to reverse the servos, which was inevitable, I just about lost the plane. I know I should always do a preflight check, but I am only human. The truth is, for the extra money, you make things much easier on yourself. I have the JR XP662 now and I love it!!!!!! It is very easy to use. The thick book that comes with it is scary, but after a quick glance through it you realize that it is all common sense and the radio is very easy to use. At $249 it is a deal and not that much more expensive than other 6 channels. What ever you get you will love the hobby. P.S. if you get a non-computer radio, and then get one with digital trims, and sub-trims. You will kick yourself for ever subjecting yourself to a non-computer radio. Good luck.