RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli F6F Hellcat Builder's Diary
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 11:45 PM
rrudytoo
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ziroli F6F Hellcat Builder's Diary

In an earlier post I mentioned that I had ordered the Laser Lizard short kit of the Z Hellcat. Well, today it arrived! The laser cutting is first rate with the parts just dropping out from the sheets. Fortunately, each part is clearly marked as are the reference lines for part alignment and firewall centerline. I previously purchased a Z Stuka short kit from Jesse and my satisfaction with that offering is what led me to get the Hellcat from him, too. I am more than pleased with Jesse's work and his short kits are available for a modest price.

We are so fortunate to have so many talanted and dedicated kit cutters available to us. Mace's work is excellent and if I wanted to get a full kit, his would be at the top of my very short list. This is a win-win situation for all of us! We can chose to do as much or as little of the work and leave the rest to the professionals. Frankly, I love cutting out the parts myself but when I add in the time and materials, it's hard to beat some of the commercial offerings.

Okay, Mike. Back over to you. Let's see your bird come to life!

Al