RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 Twist 3D
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 08:10 AM
TimC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hangar 9 Twist 3D

Jack 211, my Saito .82 is in my Pizazz and I'm not sure what size tank it has, but I'm getting over 10 min. flying time ( I don't roar around at full throttle). I'm using a .63 YS in my Twist with no problems once I got the needles sorted out. I'm not a fanatic for any brand engine, but the three Saitos I have in service have been dependable and pretty much trouble free. I agree, that is pretty short bearing life. I recently had some O.S. bearings corrode after very few hours. I happen to have an O.S. .61 sitting idle. When I start getting the itch to try something new, I might poke it in the Twist and see what happens.

Propspinner, I'm thinking that due to way a four stroke oils the bottom end (blow-by), and the acids produced by burning nitro ( from what I've read), early bearning failure might be due to corrosion, not rust. I use Corrosion X in my four strokes to fog the bottom end through the vent tube. I've not had a bearing fail in a four stroke yet. The early failure I recently experienced was in a two stroke. The pitting on the races and balls was all at the bottom of the bearing where a pool of after-run oil would normally cover. I've started using Corrosion X on the 2 strokes also.