RCU Forums - View Single Post - 9C with Spectra?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2002, 06:45 AM
dave0101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9C with Spectra?

Thanks for the well intended comment, but I must say, I really don't feel bad for asking the question. I do feel bad for people that are so misplaced with their focus they actually get emotional as if they're the one paying for the bandwidth consumed by posters to the web site.... As you have demonstrated, it can be said so much more politely.

Then again, after searching on the topic, the true answer was not easy to uncover, Geistware helped cut to the chase. Of course after being flamed I repeated my initial search. The fact that some of people are afraid to swap crystals, and some say they have been doing it for 20 years clearly put this issue hard to decipher.

These small PC manufacturers violated FCC rules for years with custom built PC systems; the FCC finally changed the rules allowing for component qualification without the need for end system testing for PCs, specifically to accommodate this market need. Not that this has immediate bearing on an intentional radiator, but it does demonstrate that reasonable measures should be allowed, and will be if the market, and the manufacturers push enough.

Anyway, it's late, I probably shouldn't have responded... I just can't help but argue that the one response to this thread that applied to the subject matter added value that was not easily uncovered through searches. I will ask questions again, and if somebody doesn't want to read my thread, I hope they just don't read it...