RCU Forums - View Single Post - Weston Magnum - Destroyed on First Flight!
Old 11-26-2002, 04:22 AM
roywiglesworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weston Magnum - Destroyed on First Flight!

you might be able to use cooper but its so heavy no inever had any radio problems from doing this i made the fit very snug the piece i used was just a fraction too small inside diameter i took a dermel and sanded out till it would just fit with a little effort nut with out the cooper silocone it would leak you can get it at the auto supply store its made by permatex its used for hi temp gaskets. the bal.messurement is from where the front of the wing meet the fuse just messure back and put a small pencil mark on the fuse for reference.yeah some of these props get a little hard to pick up at hobby shops that don't have a big selection i'm getting ready to go thru the prop thing now with a new whiplash.
hope that might take less trial and error i think i went thru 8 or 9
before getting the 8 x 9 on the magnum.be sure you wash out the inside of the motor i didn't on mine didn't seem to hurt it but all that metal couldn't have been good for it wiped out 2 or 3 plugs until i realized what was happening. the only place i rember beefingin up was the wing block i epoxied a thick piece of maple under it i didn't use the blind nuts seen to many back out in flight
with out saftey wire i took and tapped the wood it self for 10-32 bolts also just to be safe i ran a servo screw on each side of the fuse in that block just to be sure. on the throws if you push the
surfaces close before you drop the ca in theres not a lot of travel so i set mine so i have full throw and then then set low rates about70% of the high you need the high at least on elevator for flare . the plane is out in the stepvan i'll go out side tomorrow and messure it to see what it is.
roy