RCU Forums - View Single Post - suggested batt and esc for estarter (help!)
Old 01-25-2006, 07:28 PM
AJ1202

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: suggested batt and esc for estarter (help!)

Gary, I have the E-starter with the 350 geared and I run a 9.6 1050 ma nimh batt and get solid 12 to 15 min WOT flights, I can do 5 consecutive loops after 10 min of flight and still have power to burn, I found the 8.4 does pretty good but if you want good power and duration go with the 9.6, I use a sqare pack and a stick type pack that is 1100 ma, both work great and CG is not an issue for either. You just have to cut out the battery bay some to get them to fit. I am in process of installing a 480 geared in mine, it should really scream then. There are some mods needed to strenghten this bird you might want to consider, LG set up is crap, it will break away with even the slightest hint of a tough landing, mine used to jump out everytime it touched the gound [:@] so it nosed in after that. I cut my LG area deeper then using some flat plastic I shored up the sides then epoxied the gear into that, haven't had a prob since, I used epoxy to strengthen the wing mount area as well because it will tear out if you happen to cartwheel it
the tail wheel also is poor design, same thing I cut area deeper and just epoxied it in, holds great now. I really like my E-Starter and hope to have it for a long time, it's a solid little plane and flys real smooth.
Good luck with yours and good flying