RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...
Old 02-01-2006, 08:24 AM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's a Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! Cool Looking Plane Too...

Yep, yesterday I printed out a stack of paper about two inches high to read over. It consists of the upscaling formula message responses I received from others to build my 540 version. I also printed out the "updated" foamie plans for the plane, along with this thread and your wing airfoil information. Not to mention more info on building homemade hot wire cutter tools and working with foam. In other words, I've got a ton of reading to do. I'll be reading more of the foam cutting info first so I can get that all built. By the way, with the BP21 Stryker done, my Extreme conversion to standard electronics and control rods done, and now I'm within an hour or two of finishing off the Challenger running the BP21, lipos, and control rods...I'm running out of things to tweak or build fast here so the foamie is next. I just have to fix a stripped servo on the Challenger and adjust the control rods position on the board to lesson a binding problem. That plane is going to rock and roll. Really, I haven't flown any of these three planes after this stuff yet...except the Stryker for a few minutes. In the future I may convert the Extreme over to a brushless motor. At the very lest I'll be running lipos in her once in a while to lower the weight and thus be better able to lift a digital camcorder.

I like your idea about ducted fans for the Shizophrenia foamie. Are you thinking of building that foamie and, if so, with what kind of power plant(s). How do you think that one would look with dual 540s and upscaled. I'd tweak it's details out to perfect the Wart Hog look. Hey, next time you are in Radio Shack check out the Megatech ducted fan war plane they got in there for like $35. I was this close to buying one to gut and throw a BP21 into.

PS- I expect to see pictures of your completed Shizophrania body by the end of the week!