RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cox Reed Valve FAQ
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Cox Reed Valve FAQ

As Patrick said, KLOTZ is a lubricant company, not a product. When Wildcat Fuels out of Nicholasville, KY was mixing NORVELs NVX fuel, the oil content was a mixture of KLOTZ Techniplate and BeNOL. Techniplate (there are several blends) is one of KLOTZ's synthetic series lubes. BeNOL is their racing castor lube. I have no idea what oils are in the SIG NVX fuel or what the synthetic/castor ratio might be.

The tech sheets for KLOTZ are [link=http://www.klotzlube.com/technical1.asp]here.[/link] BeNOL (all castor) is BC-175. Original Techniplate is KL-200, ModeLube Techniplate is KL-310 and Super Techniplate is KL-100. Super Techniplate is an 80/20 synthetic/castor blend.

When looking at the tech sheets, notice the burn rating (how much carbon buildup), the film strength (how "sticky" the lube is) and the flash point. Castor has the highest flash point and doesn't burn out leaving you high and dry.

In addition the points George made concerning castor, since it does not burn easily, it is expelled as a liquid and carries a great amount of heat with it. When the other oils flash off, they contribute to heat buildup and high heat transfer is lost.

I use BeNOL as my castor additive if the commercial fuel has a low castor content.