RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 06:12 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build

Good Luck Asphalt252, hope all goes well!

I didn't have time to check the replys because i just found out a mate is over in the US at the moment and flies out on Friday. So in order to save on the considerable shippings cost i got him to get me all the bit's and pieces for the gear. I when with the safe option of the 605HD's, I'm hoping that i will be able to ensure that they are vertical in the down position.... I would also like to get gear doors that say on for flight. call me slack, and they make the world of difference when your coming in to land.

I had the same problem of the wing not being think enough on my World Models .60 Zero and i never got the original doors that come with the kit so i made some up out of 0.010-0.015" aluminium and curved the door so it sat better (read almost flush with the lower wing skin.) That way i had gear doors and the curve is not that noticeable unless you know its there!

What is recommended for the tail wheel retract. Another cylinder or a servo? Having no experience with pneumatic retracts i lean towards a servo? what does a cylinder set you back?

Thanks