RCU Forums - View Single Post - plane suggestions for a Rimfire 22m?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 09:07 PM
rdavico

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plane suggestions for a Rimfire 22m?

Hi all.
I am new to this, and have a few questions. I am looking for some advice on which planes would work well with the equipment that I currently have. I bought a Flatout (cap 580) and have yet to put it together, and I planned on using it with my GWS lipo 3 cell 1300 battery ( i have 2 of them), but now I see they recomend a smaller battery for this plane. I also have a Great Planes 5-51 EP plane, that worked well with these batteries. Now I am looking for a plane that will work well with the Rimfire 22m, the BL-8 ESC that I have, and the large 1300 Ma battery. I am new to flying and my sons and I have wrecked a plane or two, so I am looking for a setup that will allow me to use what I already have lying around (I figure I will need a few of them before I am ready to move on to something else).

Is it possible to mount the Rimfire 22m to the P-51 or other type planes that normally use the wooden post type motor mount? The little plastic gearboxes that come with the 370 size motors on the p-51 or the yak 55 are pretty crappy, and seem to strip out super easily. I am guessing that the brushless setup would be cheaper in the long run in this department if I can mount them on these type of planes.

Thanks in advance!!

Rich