RCU Forums - View Single Post - tuning help
Thread: tuning help
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 10:50 AM
bluecaka69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tuning help

It sounds like you have the high speed needle valve to rich.Mine was blowing fuel out too.
So I adjusted the high speed needle valve about an 1/8 of a turn down.It leaned it out.
It seems to be working just fine for mine.

A little fuel out of the exhaust is not a problem as long as it is not TOO much to where you are going through a tank of fuel in 5 minutes or less
The most important thing you need to remember is PATIENCE when tuning these things..(1/16-1/8 turns on any of the needles)...very minor adjustments can make a HUGE difference in how they perform...plus...you need to give them time to adjust to new settings...the effects WON'T be immediate.

That is the BIGGEST problem most people have when trying to tune these things...(especially newbies)...they make an adjustment..(usually a BIG one like a 1/4-1/2 half turn or better)...then nothing happens immediately so they keep turning screws and get frustrated... you need to change a little at a time...run it and see what happens....also...do you have a temp gun or anything??.....temperature is key to proper tuning also....these should run anywhere from about 210-240...that is about the best and safest temp range..