RCU Forums - View Single Post - tuning help
Thread: tuning help
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Xeller8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tuning help

LOL....hey...the majority of that post looks VERY familiar..

I really don't mind being plagerized in this instance...I'm glad I could help and it's actually kind of nice to see my advice being quoted...VERBATIM...lol!]

Tricked03...the needles go like this...the one under the air cleaner is the idle speed screw...the one next to the air flilter that the fuel line attaches too is the high speed mixture screw (it controls the fuel/air mixture from about 50%-W/O throttle)....the screw inside the end of the throttle arm is the low speed mixture screw (it controls the air/fuel mixture from idle-50% throttle)....

Try this....lets start all over from scratch and tune from there....screw in the LSN (low speed needle) all the way in so it seats...DO NOT CRANK IT DOWN TIGHT...just screw it in GENTLY until it stops then back it out about 2-2 1/2 turns....set the HSN (high speed needle) so the head of the screw sits flush with the outer edge of the collar it sits in....take off the air cleaner and see what kind of gap is in the carb....with all your controls ON and the throttle servo centered in it's "neutral" position there should only be about a 1/16th gap showing....you shouldn't have to mess with the factory idle setting...unless and until you get the rest of the tuning right...then you may or may not have to adjust your idle speed screw slightly...

This should get you started and running decent then you can fine tune from there...

My biggest question is...have you finished break-in yet?...and if so did you do it correctly??