RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone tried stuffing a Jett 90 into a Patriot?
Old 12-18-2002, 02:13 PM
AQ500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone tried stuffing a Jett 90 into a Patriot?

I recently obtained a a Patriot kit. I had one a couple of years ago that went in on a dead stick dumb thumb. It had a piped MDS 58 on the nose. It was a fairly fast airplane and I miss it. I flew it for about a year. The MDS was a good motor but very tempermental.

The new one that I'm going to start building in a couple of weeks will have a Jett 60L FIRE mounted on the nose with their long pipe. A 60 in a 40 case. I'm hoping for 140-150 MPH. I'm going with the rear exhaust and will run the pipe right down the side of the fuselage. It will be ugly, but the pipe will be out of the way of the retracts and wing.

I also have a Jett 50. Once you buy a Jett you have to have another one. I'm also a higher altitude flier and need the extra power. After researching motors for a couple of months, I think the FIRE 60 L will give me a fast light plane that will really rip.

I raised the firewall by 1/2 inch last time to fit a 12 ounce tank and the nose retract. I'm going to do the same thing this time.