RCU Forums - View Single Post - CG check
Thread: CG check
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 11:05 AM
iron eagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CG check

I am using an OS 46 FX spinning a 14/6 three blade master airscrew. Funny, I have considered putting flaps on mine also to lower the landing speed. Mine was looking for about four ounces in the tail to balance so that is why I moved the position of the internal gear rather then add weight. It came in at 6.4 lbs dry weight, and when it is fueled up around it has a wingloading of around 30-32/oz per foot. Due to the heavy wing loading I usually use around two hundred feet of runway each time I land.
It is a nice plane, with a good scale look to it. I think it is a good trainer for flying a high wingloading aircraft such as a warbird. I think it would fly real nice with a saito 72 four stroke in it, But it does real well with the setup I am using now, the only drawback is the hot landings which could be tamed using flaps.
If I may ask how did you do the flaps on yours? I really think that they are needed on this plane, besides I like complex airplanes anyhow.

BTW I tossed the wing spars which came with it when I had the ca hinges fail twice on me and switched over to metal ones. Also I would sugest that you screw the servo mounts to the plywood covers on the aileron servos using epoxy alone I have had one mount fail, real interesting flight that time.