RCU Forums - View Single Post - Norvel Engine FAQ
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 06:37 PM
rchotrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Norvel Engine FAQ

My flippin' finger is flipped out but I finally got the norvel to run through a tank. AH the sweet sound of success.[8D]

I got it running with Magnum 15 % syn/castor blend and an AP plug with one or two, can't remember, plug shims.

I could get about 14000 rpm with a wooden 6x3 prop. And still have a good transition from idle to full throttle. If I tried to lean it out any further, it wouldn't pick up from idle and would try to stall out or would quit. One or two clicks on the needle makes a difference in the transition. Idle was about 10k but I could adjust that down a bit.

I don't have a temp gun, the engine wasn't blistering hot, but was able to touch for a second or so.

Will have to try out some more of the Magnum 30% Heli plus and see if I get good results.

Gotta let the flippin' finger rest. Or finish my starter. Got all the parts but need to figure out how to get the socket on my prop adapter and get some tubing inside the socket. Made the starter out of old r/c car parts. Motor, 4 cell pack and a stick with a doorbell button.

See ya,
Rod