Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

*Carbon-Z Yak 54 BNF by E-flite*

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

*Carbon-Z Yak 54 BNF by E-flite*

Old 10-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default *Carbon-Z Yak 54 BNF by E-flite*

If you watch the video this plane flys really well and seems to have tons of power. I wonder if this complete package is going to be the only way you can buy it?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFL10080
Old 11-02-2010, 07:20 AM
griesel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *Carbon-Z Yak 54 BNF by E-flite*

The PNP version comes with everything except the main battery, receiver and transmitter.
The BNF version comes with the smaller battery, and inexpensive transmitter and receiver.
If you have a good transmitter I would go with the PNP.
This is just like the two versions of the T28 that are sold.This is done to lock in the profit
for the servo's and motor and also to maintain product quality experiencefor the user.
Here is a battery for it: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15004
I expect it will be a lot better at aerobatics than the T28. It also should be very easy to repair like the T28.
Does it have pocket hinges with a CF rod like the Bill Hempel Yaks? No just double beveled.
Can it really be glued back together with regular CA, and not require foam safe stuff.
I have mine on order. Hope it arrives before Christmas.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:23 AM
georgee

Hi Guys,
I also have 2 Yaks on order.It seems to me very cool stuff.Im calling my favorite shop on a daily basis,whether its arrived or not
I hope we can touch it soon....

Cheers
Old 12-21-2010, 10:58 PM
georgee

Got mine yesterday Verrry nice plane [8D]
Old 12-22-2010, 05:19 AM
Zippi

Anybody have a video yet besides QQ?
Old 12-24-2010, 07:54 AM
wesmel22

I purchased this plane for christmas and I would have to say I love it . If performs great . It feels like a small 50cc . I have flown 100cc, 50cc planes and I guess since the plane doesnt cost 1000$ of dollars I feel more comforatable flying it and pushing the limit . I would say this is a heck of a lot more capable than the t-28 . My son and I enjoy the 28 and he has learned haow to fly with the t-28. I was really rough with the 54 and it only has scratches on the wings . I have to say this is a huge leap in performance and durability . This is a leader in it's catagrory and other will soon follow suite to try to keep up in this market !
Old 01-04-2011, 07:45 AM
mickvk
My Feedback: (1)

I'm really happy with the power this model has. It's punches out of a stall with good authority, good vertical. I'm glad I adjusted the throws according to the manual - left to my own guess I would've had way too much rate on "low". I was slightly bothered by the cheap battery fasteners, but overall I'm totally thrilled with this one. Nice job by Quique Somenzini and e-Flite.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:51 AM
helicow

One of my straps has already broken. They are not real thick. I plan on adding some velcro to the battery, but not sure how I will replace the broken strap yet. Looks like it is in there pretty tight.

Bob
Old 01-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Zippi

We had our Snow Bird Fly on 1/2/11 and one of our members had just got his. He let me fly it towards the end of the flight so I only got about 1 min. of flight time before the battery got to low. You guessed it, I dead sticked the plane on it's maiden flight. It came in real nice a smooth. I didn't see any bad habbit when either of us were flying it. Pretty solid little plane with a lot of power.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:49 AM
mickvk

Yeah, we call our New Years outing "the Frost Fly" Turns out it was windy - forecast at 20, gusts to 35. One guy flew a TREX 600, handled the wind well. One guy flew a Parkzone Stryker - surprisingly good in the wind. And I was the only guy left with "more money than sense" they called it! The Carbon-Z Yak cut the big breeze very nicely. The other 20 models lived to fight another daythough! I agree that flight times might seem a bit short on the stock battery - 2600 or 2800 mAh but the compartment has plenty of flexibility for a bigger pack I think.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:27 AM
rcplanenut
My Feedback: (12)

I've got 4 flights on mine now. It is a great flying plane, not sure I would compare it to a larger gas plane. Bigger flys better. I would compare it to a good 3D profile of the same size.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:38 AM
RCHS1

My setup for 3 d with carbon z yak -

max throws with 65% expo for ail & elev 45% expo on rudder get all the travel you can out of your radio - the linkages are set perfectly already

slide battery all the way back in stock compartment and then I tape 2 quarters and a nickel to the back radius of the rudder with clear tape this really allows you to: hover reasonably easily , still retain great all around performance, it will be tail heavy on landing but extremely manageable. This plane excels at knife edge , great waterfalls,fast precise rolls, roling harriers no problem . If you get one of these take it easy the first few flights then add tail wieght and tweak the radio settings to your liking then go out and have some fun my new favorite plane

Old 01-30-2011, 12:42 PM
mickvk

I'm glad I dialed down the throws for low rates (according to the manual) otherwise I would've gone for a very squirrely maiden voyage. Awesome plane. Battery straps are a little hard to deal with - I would prefer real cinch straps like on the battery of my buggy but that's a minor nit pick. Love it.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:34 AM
StormJunkie

Be very careful of the servos in this plane...I won't fly them ever again unless Eflite makes some serious improvements to them. Numerous reports of this causing the demise of many a Yak.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibZtyY76jGA[/youtube]
Old 03-21-2011, 12:17 AM
georgee

Thx for uploading
Old 07-23-2011, 01:51 PM
robertp1h

HI I am wondering just how far i can push this baby i have tried 5000ma 4 cell lipo battery also 4000ma 5 cell lipo and the thing starts to climb out of sight rapid on a 5 cell, would the motor take a 6 cell as it says the esc is good for 6 cell? Ill check the motor specs, great fun this one,
Robert k
Old 07-25-2011, 01:55 PM
mickvk

amp draw likely exceeds the motor and ESC rating. I would use something like an Eagletree data logger to confirm.