Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Just aquired Cermark Banchee E-3D airframe - Advice please :D

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Just aquired Cermark Banchee E-3D airframe - Advice please :D

Old 05-02-2011, 02:43 AM
Foylee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just aquired Cermark Banchee E-3D airframe - Advice please :D

Hi all,

I've been flying glow powered planes for a long time now as well as glow helicopters and some smaller electric helis. But I have been wanting to go electric for the cleanliness and smoothness mainly. The other day I was pretty much given a Cermark Banchee E-3D airframe in very good condition. It's missing undercarriage and canopy and I also need to get all of the electronic components.

I'd like to do this one on a budget if possible so I'm wondering if you guys could recommend a suitable but budget ESC, battery, motor and prop for this model. I've already ordered 4 HS81 micro servos. I would like enough power to throw it around a bit and prop hang comfortably and I'm trying to gauge how much this will cost me to set up this half decent electric model for the first time. I'm fairly naive when it comes to batteries, motors and escs...

Here is a pic of the airframe:

I did also find this info, but a lot of the parts seem rather pricey and I was wondering if I could do it on a tighter budget:

Wingspan: 54"
Wing Area: 710 sq. in.
Weight: 3.7 lbs / 59.1 oz. (3.6 lbs / 58 oz as tested with TP pack, 68 oz with CP pack)
Length: 53"
Wing Loading: 11.76 oz/sq. ft. with TP pack, 13.79 oz/sq. ft. with CP pack
Servos: 4 x mini servos (Hitec HS81's used)
Transmitter: 4 to 5 channel, computer preferred (Royal EVO 9 Synth used)
Receiver: 4 to 5 channel (Circus 7 caseless used)
Battery: 40 Amp continuous pull nicd / nimh / lipo (10 cell CP2400SCR or 3s2p Thunder Power Gen 2 2100 lipo used
Motor: 450 watt output brushless (Mega 22/20/2 used)
Gearbox: As required (Model Electronics Corp. MonsterBox 6:1 (see construction section)
ESC: Castle Creations Phoenix 45 w/ Battery Eliminator Circuit
Manufacturer: Cermark

Any advice would be great,

Thanks,

Mike
Old 05-02-2011, 04:15 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Just aquired Cermark Banchee E-3D airframe - Advice please :D

Foylee,

I'm running this setup on my E-flite Eractix 3D which weighs the same as your Banchee.

ZS3025B-10 Hyperion motor
Turnigy 85 amp ESC
4000 4s 45c packs
14X7E APC

It pulls about 70 amps at 1075 watts. Killer 3D setup.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Foylee

Thanks Zippi,

I'll see if I can find some more info on each of those items and look for suppliers in the UK.

Another thing, I found a replacement canopy for the model on the Cermark website, which seems to be based in the States. When I tried to order one, it only offered me one postage option which was $96 USD... Obviously for a small canaopy this seems a little outrageous... Does anyone know where I might be able to source a replacement from elsewhere? Could do with the original undercarriage as well...

Mike
Old 05-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Foylee

Will HS81's be the best option for this model? I'd rather not pay £20 for each servo for the sake of having the metal gear version... Would I be OK using the plastic gear ones?

Im actually quite suprised that this model uses micro servos rather than standard sized ones...

Mike