Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

UMX Beast 3D battery question

Ok, I'm sure there is an answer out there but I can't seem to find it. So please be nice.
    I have a new UMX Beast 3D W/AS3X. I got two batteries from HH and when it all arrived, I noticed that the charge plug (balancer) was a proprietery plug. I also ordered 5 zippy batteries for this new bird and they have a common plug. I called HH to see if they just sell the plug but they do not. Has anyone changed the plug on the plane side and what what did you do and how or am I forced to buy batteries from HH for this Beast? I haven't even put it in the air yet cause it's a Christmas gift....Any help would be helpful! Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: UMX Beast 3D battery question

You can definitely change out the connector on either the plane or the battery. All you will have to do is clip off the old connector and solder on the new connector. Make sure you keep your polarities lined up the same. On the plane, this is not that big of a deal. If you clip the connector on the battery however, you will need to do one side at a time separatly. Dont let the two bare wires on the battery touch each other because it will ruin it. It wont be easy to go back and forth but if you have the majoraty of your batteries with one connector and thats the way you want to go, it might be worth it to you to standardize.

Another thing you could probably do is make just a short wire with the horizon hobby plug on one end and your new plug on the other. That way you could just as easily use both batteries and keeping everything stock. You would just have to put on the wire you make every time you wanted to use the non horizon hobby batteries
    WACO Brotherhood #166/ Cub Brotherhood #16
    1/2 Scale Stits Sky Baby Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: UMX Beast 3D battery question

I dont think it is that easy. The beast battery is a three wire battery, I would assume the third wire has something to do with thecharger/ballancer u get w/ the plane.Or,it could b such a thing as two hots and a ground, if thats the case any simple adaptor that u make would b single cell, or crosswired...idk.It is an odd battery. I would not attempt unless u have a clear explination of what to do.