Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Need advice on finding a Foamy

I live in the woods . My front yard is like 60' x 130' to tree drip edge. Trees tower 120' high.
    what plane can I use to practice 3D?

I want the 3DHS 38" AJ Slick foamy, but I do not want to buy it, than realize its to big.

I am able to hang on a prop. but want to work on rolling harrers .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Need advice on finding a Foamy

For a space that small the only recommendation I can offer is the UMX Extra 300. Even a 30"er is probable too big for that small space unless you are very good already. I can fly a 32" extra 260 foamie in that space but it wouldn't be much fun because I would be working my butt off. The little Eflite UMX Extra does good rollers, hovers nice, and just about anything you can think of. It's big draw back is that it's too light for any wind more than a few mph. It only weighs like 32 grams battery and all ready to fly. Calm days are a blast as is the inside of a gym.
    Spektrum DX8i, DA DLE SuperTigre OS FOX Saito Enya Jett TT: John 3:16

I'd say that 38" would be too large. The two things you need to fly in a small space are light weight and small, in that order. May I suggest a light weight flat profile 3D foamy, no larger than 32" wingspan. They are very light and floaty, which is good for flying in a small space. You'll find you will be doing what is called "harrier" turns, where you fly really slow (nose up tail down apron 45 deg) and then you turn with rudder only. If you speed it up and fly level, you'll run out of room quickly. Of course there is a trade off. Light and floaty can fly really slow, but doesn't like much wind.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cox extra 300 they fly great and around 100 bucks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Extreme Flight RC tech support
    IMAC Vice President|IMAC Sequence Committee|IMAC National Judging Instructor|Team Futaba|Extreme Flight R/C|2014 IMAC World Championships Contest Director

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Best model to practice 3d in a space that small would be a profile. They don't look incredible, but they fly incredibly - they can do any manouver (and more) that a bigger model can do, but they are so light you can work in a limited space.
    Try one of these:
    They really are great fun and bounce well in a crash, so you can be a bit braver while you practice.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dwfoamies are a great plane they offer many different kits and sizes i keep a yak junior in my car it flies real well as long as there is no wind and in a small area.[8D]