Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mcfoamy as trainer with buddy box, and foam repair

A friend and his father, both new in R/C, attendedone of our Dome flys and wound up doing some buddy box laps around the dome with the Mcfoamy buddy boxed between two Spektrum dx6i’s. We turned down the throws to make it easier, but the plane actually flew pretty well as a trainer being predictable and not too fast.

I had a pretty hard midair bump with my Mcfoamy ending with a big hunk off the nose of my plane being torn off by another planes prop. I fixed it by first cutting the tear line into a nice straight line. I then use a piece of paper to make a template from the undamaged side and cut a new piece of foam from scrap and hot glued it into place. A little red added from a sharpie made the repair mostly unnoticable and the entire repair too all of 15 minutes.Fix it pics.

Dean

RE: Mcfoamy as trainer with buddy box, and foam repair

Great post, Dean. I also think that a 3D flat/profile foamy makes an excellant trainer. Dial down the control throws, and it makes flying really easy. Landing one of these for a beginner is a piece of cake. More folks should try it.