3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Mcfoamy as trainer with buddy box, and foam repair

Old 01-24-2012, 06:21 AM
DeaninMilwaukee

Default Mcfoamy as trainer with buddy box, and foam repair

A friend and his father, both new in R/C, attendedone of our Dome flys and wound up doing some buddy box laps around the dome with the Mcfoamy buddy boxed between two Spektrum dx6i’s. We turned down the throws to make it easier, but the plane actually flew pretty well as a trainer being predictable and not too fast.

I had a pretty hard midair bump with my Mcfoamy ending with a big hunk off the nose of my plane being torn off by another planes prop. I fixed it by first cutting the tear line into a nice straight line. I then use a piece of paper to make a template from the undamaged side and cut a new piece of foam from scrap and hot glued it into place. A little red added from a sharpie made the repair mostly unnoticable and the entire repair too all of 15 minutes.Fix it pics.

Dean

Old 03-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Beachcomber

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Mcfoamy as trainer with buddy box, and foam repair

Great post, Dean. I also think that a 3D flat/profile foamy makes an excellant trainer. Dial down the control throws, and it makes flying really easy. Landing one of these for a beginner is a piece of cake. More folks should try it.

Search this Thread