Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Indoor Flying Foamie Videos

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Indoor Flying Foamie Videos

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 06:02 PM
JustGoFly.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indoor Flying Foamie Videos

Winter months are long - here are some videos you may enjoy of our indoor antics.

Some nice Pattern flying by Ken Velez in a indoor event we had in Rochester this past weekend.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H75MpIw4I8w[/youtube]

and Ted flying his Click indoors in a small gym:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-naxEaOP3Pk[/youtube]

Adam flying his Skinny Yak:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8MmvB0uKac[/youtube]

Vinnie
Old 02-14-2012, 07:43 PM
flyinsolo11

Default RE: Indoor Flying Foamie Videos

Vinnie- thanks for posting those! I have been missing flying lately and been combing YouTube for some good ones.

Ken is one hell of a smooth flyer... [:-]
Old 02-14-2012, 09:48 PM
JustGoFly.com

Default RE: Indoor Flying Foamie Videos

Ken hadn't practiced the routine and just went out and did some spontaneous maneuvers. When he takes some time to practice a few times his skill is unreal. He competes against all the big boys on FAI at the NATS, and came in first place at the Masters a few years ago.He has not competed in the indoor foamies. I keep asking him why not, since I know he would love it and he can certainly give them a good run. I think finding an indoor location to practice is his major obstacle to being able to compete during the winter.

He was practicing a maneuver last summer with his 2 meter electric pattern plane. It was a horizontal circle with 1 1/2 rolls on each quarter while changing roll direction on each quarter. The day I watched him fly it he had about 15 mph winds and the horiz circle was perfect. He explained how the handling for each quarter was different and flying up wind vs down wind vs cross wind was very challenging. But he made it look simple. He's a HUGE asset to guys flying and very willing to help everyone.

Now if we could just have a few more flying days during the winter, maybe my thumbs wouldn't grow cob webs.

Vinnie