Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Prop questions for an electric noob....

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Prop questions for an electric noob....

Old 06-08-2012, 09:40 PM
mach2
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop questions for an electric noob....

Hey guys, I just picked up a 68" RTF Goldberg Edge 540 with an E-flite Power 110. It has a apc 17x7 on it right now. Im not a big fan of that prop because the blades get narrow towards the tip and it seems to me that it reduces the pull.

Now Iknow that electric props cannot be used on gas or glow motors, but can a gas or glow prop be used on an electric?

I use Xoar 17x6 and 16x8 props on my DLE20 gasser and I love the pull it has with them.

I cant find any info on the difference between the Xoar PJN and the PJA props, other than the PJN are advertised for electrics.

Thanks, and im sorry for the newbie question.
Jeremy
Old 06-13-2012, 03:45 AM
Bill Clark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Prop questions for an electric noob....

the thicker airfoil for the gas prop kills the performance on an electric. being that they are heavy also produces a nasty amp spike on instant full throttle.I have hundreds of dollars in gas,glow, electric, apc xoar,master airscrew, bolly, etc etc that I have tested on several "e" setups like yours and the xoar "e" has always been the clear winner in static numbers and Ive never been dissapointed with them in the air.