Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

help me out here

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 06:08 AM
Rampede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me out here

Well I bought a mini super cub, flew that until it was no more, (got angry at it and stomped on it, then proceeded to kick it) then I bought the apprentice 15e, love that plane, flies great. Well then I made the decision to jump into a Micro Sbach 342....WHOOPS. First flight.....didn't realize how fast the roll rate would be......Flew her straight into the ground.....broke the wing, rudder, cowl....glued it all back together and set my dual rates on 20/50 now it flies fine. Still a touchy little plane though..So just wondering your oppinions on how stupid it was for me to leap from a trainer to a MICRO brushless 3d plane.....Im stuck here, I want a BIG 3d plane....but I cant find one cheap enough, if I could find one that I could use my eflite power 15 motor and ar600 receiver and eflite 30 amp esc I would be all set because I just bought a new apprentice (didn't want to fly the ugly one anymore, still flies though) and haven't crashed the new one yet....Any ideas people?!

Old 04-25-2013, 06:51 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: help me out here

Good choice on starting with the Apprentice. Bad choice on moving to a 3D airframe as your next plane. Your next plane should be a high flat wing plane like a Stik(Stick) or a low wing like a Pulse or Sportster Or if you want to stay with foam and use your 15 size motor/esc you can try the Multiplex Fun Cub.http://www.multiplexusa.com/model-kits/not-set.html   to practice all kinds of aerobatics.

. After you get better on eitherof those types of airframes then you can think about trying 3D. You make a jump too fast like you did and you end up with busted planes.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: help me out here

ORIGINAL: Rampede

...(got angry at it and stomped on it, then proceeded to kick it)
Stick to model airplanes, and avoid dog training, kids, or marriage.

Kurt