Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

EF MXS 64" Motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 06:20 PM
sr-71blackbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EF MXS 64" Motor

Hi guys

I'm not new to electrics but also I'm not an expert and I received an Extreme Flight RC MXS 64" as a gift, this is the first time I have an electric plane this big. I know EF sells a motor made for their 60" series but I don´t want to have to order the motor and the ESC because I can get everything at my LHS but as far as I've seen they only sell E-Flite, GP Rimfire, and O.S. electric motors so I am wondering which motor will be best suited to the plane, I want the plane to have the same or better level of performance as the recommended Torque motor. I was thinking about the Rimfire .80 or the O.S. .40 both of these motors fall into what I think are the same power levels of the EF motor but I don´t exactly know if I'm right, and for the ESC I don´t think I will have much trouble finding the correct one at my LHS so what motor do you guys think is going to be better? I plan to run on 6 cells with 4000 mAh and a separate battery for the Rx and servos

Thanks in advance for any info
Best regards
Sergio
Old 07-07-2013, 12:38 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EF MXS 64

E flite power 60- 470KV will likely be comparable, but a bit heavier than the torque motors, and 80 amp ESC