Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

E-Flite BYP-YAK by QQ

Old 04-25-2006, 09:54 AM
HuckinChikn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Flite BYP-YAK by QQ

I saw this foamy for the first time at the Great planes E-fest this past feb., and I absalutely fell in love with it! of course, Quique makes ANY plane look good, but I loved the yak-54 anyway, and with the extra wing, the bypyak just literally floats around slower than walking pace......in a KNIFE EDGE!!! I placed my order at my local hobby shop last week, and was told they will be shipping out the first week of may!

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdID=EFL2325
Old 04-25-2006, 09:59 PM
HuckinChikn

Default RE: E-Flite BYP-YAK by QQ

is anyone planning to buy the byp yak? or am i the only one interested?
Old 04-25-2006, 10:07 PM
turbo.gst
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw the plane fly at Toledo in 2005. QQ made it look so good. I plan on getting one soon.

turbo
Old 04-29-2006, 09:01 PM
HuckinChikn

got word that my Byp-Yak with be in the mail this week. I'll post pictures when I get it
Old 05-08-2006, 09:55 PM
hickox

Picked mine up from my LHS today. I saw it fly at the e-fest. I can't wait to start building. I am going to start the project right now.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:09 AM
HuckinChikn

picked mine up this morning,just finished the construction phase, on to the electric install and setup!
hickox, what setup are you using? motor, esc, servos, batt,.....
I'm going with the e-flite outrunner park400, eflite 20-amp esc, hitec hs-55 servos, and i have a few random lipos laying around i'll probably use( 3s 860mah, 3s 1050mah, 3s 630mah,)
Old 05-09-2006, 10:59 PM
hickox

Same here !! I am going to use a 1320 T.P. Lipo. I have built mine tonight just electrics and motor tommorow evening. I can't wait to fly it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 08:53 AM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Anyone know what the all up weight is going to be on it?
Old 05-10-2006, 05:14 PM
HuckinChikn

e-flite says 10.5oz., but i think mine will be a little more like 12-13oz. i dont think its going to matter all that much though. I went ahead and mounted 2 HS-55 servos for the ailerons. I just dont think one tiny servo would be enough for outdoor flying...we'll see! waiting for the weather.......
Old 05-10-2006, 07:19 PM
spec36

i will use a 65mg on the ailerons its almost as strong as a hs 81 but still tiny ..
Old 05-10-2006, 09:31 PM
HuckinChikn

just finished!!! i used Quique's radio setup in the back of the manual.(not that it will make me fly better[&o]) Those 65mg's will work great i think. My bypyak's total RTF weight is 13.3oz.
like i said before, its a little on the heavy side,(for what it is) but i have the park400 outrunner,
so i think it will be cool. WOOHOO! come on rain, go away!
Old 05-10-2006, 10:51 PM
hickox

I went ahead and went with two servos for the alierons. I have it built except the battery. My 1320 TP is to fat. What did you use ? and how did you route the battery to ESC wiring? Thanks for all the help. Matt
Old 05-10-2006, 10:54 PM
spec36

just unpacked mine it is so new the paint is still wet to touch will let dry and try again let us know when the rain stops i bet it is a sweat flyer . I will post my auw when finished
Old 05-11-2006, 08:25 AM
BadBoy__MadMikey

mine should be here in a day or two. i ordered it about 3 months ago from horizon. i'm going to use the park 370 outrunner with a cc10 esc. i'm going to put a hitec 55 on ailron and elevator and a s75 on rudder. gws 4 channel micro receiver. on my 9303 radio. if this one flys as good or better as the single wing one i will love it. i have had 2 of the single wing qq yak, i ran a hacker a20-20l on it!!!! it had so much power that when i flew full throttle all the surfaces fluttered!!! lol but it still flew great!!! i'm going for super light set-up. i'm hoping my tanic 830 3cell packs will work great with the park 370 outrunner. a friend of mine said he saw QQ with his first yak foamie built as a bipe. was heavy but said it flew great so thats where this come from. i just wonder how much rudder coupling will be need to go thru turns. i have flew tons of foamie bipes and the only one i know of that flew turns with no rudder was a yak bipe i designed myself!!! let all know my weights and flight report soon!!!!

mike
Old 05-11-2006, 08:57 PM
HuckinChikn

i have two lipos i'm going to try, both 3cell, one is a 1050mah, and the other is a 860mah.
they fit in the hole pretty tight, so no room for velcro. I dont think there is any chance they will fall out though. as for the esc to battery wires, i had to extend a pos. and neg. wires from my ESC.
i added i think about 4 inches total, poked a hole in the side of the fuselage, and soldered a deans
connector on the outside. it just kinda hangs out the side.
mine came out a little nose heavy....i'm trying to figure out what i can move around, but everything is so tight, i might have to add weight to the tail!!
[:@] any suggestions??
Old 05-13-2006, 09:14 AM
spec36

all done and it ended up @ 11.1 0z went for the light setup on this one . I need help with the numbers that QQ listed in the manual are for a JR and I use a Futaba 7c I know that the expo is diff. like +on jr and - on futaba but what about the mix can anyone help me with this cant wait to fly the byp i have had many of the 54fs and they were great .. thanks for any help (edit to change weight )put the wheels on. not as light as QQ s maybe because the 65mg servo
Old 05-13-2006, 01:59 PM
BadBoy__MadMikey

well guys put 5 flight on mine today. yesterday i went and bought the motor, i decided on getting the park 370 1080kv from eflite. i'm using a castle phx 10 esc. i went with the prop QQ uses the 10x3.8. to really dress it up i picked up a mpi collar style aluminum spinner. it looks super cool on the nose of the byp!!!! got a gws 4 channel receiver with eflite 75 on ailron and hitec 55's on rudder and elevator and the 3-d servo arms the eflite sales fit the 55's too. did just like QQ says and maxed all travels out to 150% and i use expo all the tim but not as much as QQ but i put that much but also set up dual rates. i'm using a 9303 radio. i'm pretty much using the same gear as QQ. but heres the super thing for me i have several e-tec 3 cell 700 packs and since the 1080kv motor pulls much less amps they work great i'm geting 8 to 10 mintues of extreme 3-d flying. but what amazed me is that little 370 outrunner pulls this fairly large foamie with easie and has very good vertical power!!! well heres the flight report!!!!
this baby flys like it's on rails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TR's with great ease!!! hovers and harriers like no other. rolling harriers and rolling circles are great knife edges with little to no coupling!!!! can do the nicest slowest knife edge loops!! but the greatest thing about this plane it flys so lite!!!! like a shocky!! like it has no mass to all that area!!!! inverted hariers are effortless, blenders, walls, parachutes, and snap rolls are great!!! i will probally order me another here in a month or so. so i can have two going!!! i love this plane. it came out at about 11.5 to 12 ounces with battery!!! i think my digital scales are messed up so i might not be tht heavy. all my buddys flew it and are in love!!! the nice thing about this plane is that it does everythihng nice and slow and smooth and never even thinks of falling off!!!
if anyone is thinking of getting one, stop thinking and getting ang going exactly by QQ comp. setting!!! i live about 20 minutes from TRiple Tree (site of Joe Nall). i'm going to try to get QQ to sign mine next week!!!
anyone has any problems with there or has any questions feel free to ask!!!

MIkey
Old 05-13-2006, 06:56 PM
spec36

wish the wind stop, tried it in the wind not a good first flight I was glad to get it back.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:36 PM
spec36

This is what I have been waiting for , the wind stopped and man this thing flys like a dream it took a min. to realize it was me and not a video of a pro. haha now Im glad I got two would like to make the other a vpp can anyone help with witch way too go with that what did QQ run ? as far as this one I went with QQs setup all the way I started with a 65mg on the ailerons but went back to a hs55 for less weight and ran the 730 mah lipo. I will try the 480mah next cant wait .I added two holes to the e-flight servo arms like in pic.[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83622.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	460985   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19730.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	460986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx60433.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	460987   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lf95249.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	460988  
Old 05-16-2006, 10:16 PM
spec36

mike did you use any mix ? Im using futaba 7c and need help with the mix. my byp seems to lockup in a turn seems to want to KE. thanks for any help.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:24 PM
BadBoy__MadMikey

well i'm very use to flying bipes so i never mix rudder to ailron cause you will never really get it right. i just get use to how it flys and what i want and fly rudder thru the turn. the other mix elev to rudder i did program it but i don;t see it helps. i have the 9303 so i put it on a switch and saw no diference when i had it turned on. but mine is balanced perfecton the cg mark and it has very little coupling issues. really it's so little i can make the adjustments as i fly. my buddys were flying it this weekend and they fell in love with it!!! they made me sick. they were doing super slow knife edge harriers right in frount of us!!! they were so slow and never pitched out of the knife edge for a second!!! plus it hovers and harriers so easy!!! i do have the bottom ailrons set right and the top ailrons are set a little low. about 1/4" down. it really helps it fly great!!!

mike
Old 05-16-2006, 10:30 PM
BadBoy__MadMikey

sounds like you have your rudder going i the wrong direction!!!!! cause if you have it set right it should point the nose downward thru the turn. if it's pitching up going into a knife edge your backwards

mike
Old 05-16-2006, 10:31 PM
spec36

thanks i will leave the mix out too .. i know what you mean in the way this thing flys . it will get so slow it looks unreal .
Old 05-16-2006, 10:32 PM
BadBoy__MadMikey

make sure your not tail heavy cause what u say it does sounds like a tail heavy problem too. i'm not saying tons heavy cause i found out this plane takes very little movement on the bttery to go from nose heavy to tail heavy

mike
Old 05-17-2006, 08:58 AM
BadBoy__MadMikey

dude, i love this plane!!! i just went out and flew a whole battery out!!! the wind here as really sucked the past week so really between daylight and 10 it perfect flying weather, cause i don't like the way it flys in over 5mph winds!! i'm running etec 700 3 cell packs on the park 370 outrunner and can get 7.5 to 8 minutes of all out 3d flying!!! i learned how to do great slow knife egde flight. i had been staying at high rate elevator but it made it real pitchy so i tried low rate and it's a baby doll. i like going up and doin a stall turn and coming down out of it doing a knife edge flying to the center. i say center cause i'm a imac flyer so i base my flying area like a box!!! but i did tons of tring and hovering around my front yard i got it so stable in a tr i stopped it in a revolution and walked up and kissed the tip of the top wing!!! this is just one of the greatest foamies in the world. i live 25 miles from Joe nall and i hope to catch QQ and get him to sign mine!!! get you guys some of that!!!!! they say he is going to have his new yak with the turbo prop motor, the one he had at seff!!! they say it has awesome power!!! i've had QQ balsa electric yak this company sales and it flew great but the balsa was so soft that just sitting from week to week, ailrons and elevators would warp and get so bad out of trim!!! i hope they find a way to solve that issue cause i would love to have another!!!

mikey

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.