Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Fan Fold Foam 3DX

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 10:04 AM
kartmark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan Fold Foam 3DX

In hot states it's hard to find Fan Fold Foam. But I did find some from sidling installers. They have stuff made by Insulfoam or by Amacor, not by Dow. Any one use that stuff? It seems to be all I can get in AZ.

Thanks
Mark
Old 03-01-2004, 11:51 AM
kartmark

Default RE: Fan Fold Foam 3DX

From me again - How about XP-14 Green Guard fan fold foam? Anyone know what this is or have used it?

Thanks
Old 03-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Boss248

Ha Mark...I just looked in the yellow pages and found a siding supply and the did indeed have 1/4" fan fold..I think it was from Dow but it appears to be what we are looking for. Good heads up on this material Mark...thanks.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:30 PM
kartmark

I've got some new data from my research. Dow sells XPS or expanded polystyrene. Insulfoam is made in AZ and is an EPS or expanded polystyrene. I'm still not sure if it is an acceptable substitute. XP14 is from a company called Pactiv and is XPS like Dow, but it is 10-12 PSI and Dow is 15. Again not sure if that is acceptable. It seems like a very close alternative and may be lighter, but I'm not sure. See the link for Green Guard. http://green-guard.pactiv.com/PactivGGUnderlayment.html
Old 03-01-2004, 10:27 PM
crashingagain

Ive never tried that foam, dow is all we have around here and its scarce. I say, be a pioneer and try it, mayby it will work better. Even if its the same, at least we'll have more material types at our disposal
Old 03-03-2004, 01:35 AM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

Hey crashing, I just read a post from a guy that says the stockton lowes has fan fold. The new lowes off 99. I tried looking for some up at a sac town lowes when I went up to rccountry last weekend. didn't find and and drove right past the one in stockton. I will post my findings, as I will go by the weekend to see if they have it.
Also I will add that the green foam your looking at should work just fine. Go to foamfly.com and it says he's found fan fold in blue, pink, and green. It looks as good or better that the blue or pink. Also they have some in 3/8". Idea's are starting to brew in my head for this stuff.