Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Shockflyer with Geared 370 motor

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Shockflyer with Geared 370 motor

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 05:46 AM
Funflyaddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shockflyer with Geared 370 motor

Will my geared 370 motor from my now dead T3D-II Cap to run a shockflyer and fly 3d in my house. I have 1600mah lipos to go in it. I have been hovering my T3D for ages and im not short on skills to fly 3D. I was just wondering weather people have put motors like this on. What prop and what gearing should i run with it?, I have micro reciever,hitec 50 servos and micro ESC so i have allthe gear to go in it. I love the videos of the guys who when they are hovering and get into trouble punch the power and nearly rip the wings off, will this happen with this motor

thanks

Owen
Old 09-13-2004, 09:23 AM
Wright Flyer

Default RE: Shockflyer with Geared 370 motor

The standard Ikarus power set for the shockie is a geared 300 type motor but it's slightly unusual in that it is a "soft" wind so that it can operate on 3S cells OK. Most 300's will burn up on 3S and the fact is that it is only on 3S (340-800 size) that it can do 3D without a brushless motor.

So your cells are too big and heavy and no I don't think the motor will be useable.

Cliff
Old 10-11-2004, 01:02 PM
mph_4ever

Hi, I recently have a edge 540T shocky with the 3D power set that Ikarus sells but yesterday when I was trying to fly it for the first time I noticed that the motor do not give the enough power to take it off from the ground or to sustain it on the air... I have a 7.4v 1200mha Li-Po and a 10 amp ESC... please help me with this
Old 10-12-2004, 06:13 AM
will

The supplied motor for the shockie is wound for a three cell LiPoly or 10 NiMh's. A three cell 700mAh LiPoly will make it work a lot better