Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

2808/16 and a 37' foamy

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

2808/16 and a 37' foamy

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 01:18 AM
FlyNDutchman
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2808/16 and a 37' foamy

How would a 2808/16 AXI work on a 37" FFF Extra 300? Burned up a E-Flight 400 it only laster for about 7 minutes.I have a 2808/16 that I thought I would try. Any ideas prop's etc?

Duane
Old 11-25-2004, 03:49 PM
Airbike
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: 2808/16 and a 37' foamy

2808 is a bit heavy for that size foamy. I use a 2212/26 on my 40 inch Extra at 17 oz total weight and have good vertical performance with a 11x4.7 APC prop on 3 Lipo cells.

If you have it, go ahead and use it. You'll have insane power, make sure to reinforce the motor mounting area. The plane will fly heavy, good for windy conditions. It'll transition from wing flight to prop flight at a higher speed, but should be fun.

Only problems to watch out for is structural integrity of the airframe and motor mount when you have that much power. Full power snaps will likely tear the motor off (Been there, done that) if you don't add enough reinforcing.

Have fun.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:20 PM
FlyNDutchman
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: 2808/16 and a 37' foamy

Are you talking about 45deg. bracing on the frount? The foamy that I just built is the first one that I built.It flew great but when the motor froze with a heavy tail there was no gliding so it came down on top of my wood pile and broke the nose. I am going to have to rebuild the nose anyway. thanks for the info always looking better ways to do things. Love over power! I will have to see how much the weight difference is, and how it affects the flying.