Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

3DFOAMY.com closing up shop......

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

3DFOAMY.com closing up shop......

Old 03-16-2005, 11:00 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: 3DFOAMY.com closing up shop......

Hey Kevin, Im guessing since you built them all from the plans that you have not flown a GForce wing yet? Man, you gotta try one!
Old 03-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Mike Bogh
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yo, double ditto on the gforce...plane flys solid, tracs straight, ZERO hunt, zero(OK, a tiny wee bit) wing flex..full power walls like BAMM!, no probs whatsoever.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:17 PM
XpastywhiteboyX
My Feedback: (5)

tripple ditto.... as far as straight lines and precision the 3D Foamy with G Force wing is unbeatable. also they snap unlike anything ive ever seen, it atually breaks snaps, unload the elevator 3/4 the way through it and it stops on a dime. it actually will over rotate a little bit if you dont just like a 40%er [X(] it is as close as you can get w/o dumping 5 G's. Glad your back int he game Levi!
Old 03-16-2005, 03:54 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

I also had the pleasure to meet you at the wram show and found you egar to provide information and give good advice.I bet most of us like you have lived breathed and thought airplanes most of our lives and as a retired CEO I am personally appreciate the frustration and anger that some customers have hurled at you and your family..Family in case anyone forgot is the number one priority

hang in there .most of us are responsible people and sadly there are some punks in here who like to trash any and everything without regard to the impact..Simply stated ....3D FOAMY is good for the hobby and keep your eye on the big picture.enough said.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:35 PM
kevin pelletier
My Feedback: (2)

yeah john i havent had the pleasure yet. im waiting for him ot come back from vaca then i m going to orer a katana edge and extra
Old 03-17-2005, 09:07 AM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

I'm actually a little ashamed I've never purchased from Levi. When he first got started, with the T-Raven, he and I spoke a bit about how to get things rolling. Not long after that, my interests in the hobby lead me away from most foamys.

Levi and I went back and forth a while about a few things, and I can tell you that if someone attacks Levi personally, they are probably off base. Yes, Levi is human, and not perfect, but he is a heck of a guy, and 100% focused where a man should be. I'm saddened that the very few bozos on these boards have caused him this stress, but I guess that's part of the deal now.

Whtbronco, I'll humbly request that you do an edit on your first post, and change the title to "3DFoamy NOT closing up shop", now that we have the full story.

If I can scrape up a few bucks, I'm going to order a foamy from Levi. Beyond the innovations and intense focus on quality, he's the kind of guy I want my money to go to. Probably the Sukhoi. That's my personal favorite...[8D]

Levi, when you get back and read this, know that the majority of folks here like what you do, and how you have chosen to do it.

My best to your family. Don't let the low-life lurking behind the anonimity of the internet get you down. Stay strong Bro!

Frank
Old 03-17-2005, 01:54 PM
lwatson

Moderator, Can we close this thread? The title is driving a lot of unnecessary traffic to it.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:05 PM
Mike Bogh

Agreed, change the title or lock it down...
Old 03-17-2005, 02:08 PM
TailTwister

I say leave it here. Shows lots of support for Levi. Change the title...
Old 03-17-2005, 03:09 PM
3D-kid330

Ditto!
Old 03-17-2005, 03:32 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Id change the title, but want approval from the origionator, or he can do it.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:43 AM
TailTwister

It looks like Whtbronco has been off line (at least off this thread) for a while. Looking back at his post, he sounded unhappy that he believed 3D Foamy was closing. In the spirit that the title alone might be misleading, I say change it John.

Give him a couple days to do it, then if he has not come back, just take care of it. Explain it to him in an e-mail. Most people wouldn't be upset by that, considering the whole thing was a huge misunderstanding.

Maybe I'm off base here, but that's how I feel...
Old 03-18-2005, 02:32 AM
Mike Bogh

I agree, but to the extent that the original poster would I'm sure if made aware, change/modify the thread title.
ORIGINAL: TailTwister

It looks like Whtbronco has been off line (at least off this thread) for a while. Looking back at his post, he sounded unhappy that he believed 3D Foamy was closing. In the spirit that the title alone might be misleading, I say change it John.

Give him a couple days to do it, then if he has not come back, just take care of it. Explain it to him in an e-mail. Most people wouldn't be upset by that, considering the whole thing was a huge misunderstanding.

Maybe I'm off base here, but that's how I feel...
Old 03-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Torqueroll-Joe

All I can say is that Levi's planes are the best foamies in the business. I am an independent rep for 3D Foamy and my local club have all switched to his planes!!! Now I need more... But to address the negative feedback I have some experience in this. I work for a local General Motors dealer. We get feedback from customers for delivery of vehicle, service repairs, etc... What we have come to understand is that the only people that give feedback are irate customers to begin with...whether it was your fought or not!!! So, it makes you feel bad and look bad. But what these reports don't show is all the happy customers that are out there and don't take time to fill out a positive review. So my point is, for every unhappy customer for whatever reason, there are at least 30 or more happy ones. We, at the dealership, deal with this on a daily basis so my advice is, don't take it to heart but rather learn from it. This will make you a better businessman. (not that you need to be better, your one of the best in my books!!!) So take care and keep up the good work, mind your family, and things will all work out!!!

Joseph Puentes
3D Foamy Rep for South Texas
Old 03-22-2005, 08:45 PM
PHIL I.

[:@]

In MY life time.......Back in the 70's, I got into CB radio's before it became the THING to do at the time....Then the CB world exploded and it seamed that everyone and their KID had one or was using dads. Now you could TRASH talk with out being held "accountable" to it. It became so bad it killed CB's.

MOST of the people that do their TRASH talk on the E-net, or CB, would'nt even try it FACE TO FACE with a doll.............They do IT cause the can get away with it with out being held "accountable" for it...If they get too much flack, they change their online name....AND THEY LAUGH about getting away with it.

AND THE ***** ABOUT IT.....What they are learning.....And they are our future??????

IF they make it i'm glad I won't be around.................
MY $10.00 WORTH............

P O'D
PHIL I.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:32 PM
Mike Bogh

Very well said, Phil.
That's one of the reasons I have used my real name since I first registered on RCOnline back in 97', and still to this day use my real name on every board I frequent.
There are some who think me a jerk because during these last 8 years or so, I have from time to time been pretty opinionated...I call it passionate...still I am held accountible for what I post, always have and wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:14 PM
kennyandannie

Mike,

I agree with everything you have said about Levi. Reading this thread, from the beginning, solidifies my faith in Levi and all that he stands for. I would really like to have a personal private conversation with the folks that gave Brooke a hard time. Being a Christian would keep me from handling it the way of the "old days", but they need to be chastised for upsetting a new Mom and not having the manhood to deal with Levi directly.
My e-mails with Levi have always been professional and you can tell he's a man with passion.
I will be behind him 100% until I have a reason not to, and I don't see that day coming.

Levi,

I love the two planes that I have and will be getting a few more, as soon as the wife turns her back
Just kidding about the wife thing, she see's all.
I can smell that big Extra getting closer

See ya'

Ken Thompson

See, I'm not afraid to let everyone know who I am.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:41 PM
I & C Tech

Boy the title of this thread couldn't be more wrong. You guys see the latest news on 3DF's site? Levi is reinventing the wheel with new and improved kits. No details yet though.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:34 PM
Levi_Jordan
My Feedback: (21)

Just wanted to chime in and thank ALL of you guys that have come out of the woodwork... I didn't know there were so many 3DF pilots out there It has reinvigorated the brain juices, brought back the excitement and I can't thank you all enough for helping out with the possitive comments! My wife and I took Skyla to Disney World last week and had a great relaxing vacation... Now I'm back and having a blast again.

About the new developments.... The new kits are going to be under wraps till the first one is completely finished with the best manual, best parts, best quality, and best performance possible! I'm bouncing off the walls in anticipation But I promise that I'll leak some peaks and snap shots when the time is right...
Old 03-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Mike Bogh

Welcome back Pal...
Glad you had a fine time....
Old 03-23-2005, 08:45 PM
kennyandannie

Levi,
I know that I'll have to hold back from ordering now.
Will my extra Hacker B20-15L's still be the motor of choice? I have 3 waiting for new birds, my other one's are already in 2 of your planes.

Try not to keep us waiting too long.

Ken
Old 03-23-2005, 09:17 PM
Levi_Jordan
My Feedback: (21)

The new airframes will be designed around the Hacker motors... in my opinion, there is no other motor that competes with them for performance and now price (Hacker A20-20L)

I recently purchased 10 of the new A20 outrunners and have re-outfitted all my planes with them on the front. unbelievable throttle response and thrust. and a price tag of $69.00 at many on-line stores.

They will still fly with lower powered flight packs like the GWS350D brushed unit (11.1 v) or the himaxx 2015-4100 on a 6.6:1 gear ratio.

But I am specifically aiming the overall weight and wing areas to accommodate high power brush-less motor like the fore mentioned.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:26 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for hanging in there friend. [8D] I am putting togeather #5 of the F-18 plans (I gave 4 away). Like I said back in October I am a builder first, and appreciate what you contribute to our game.[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-23-2005, 11:26 PM
Torqueroll-Joe

I am just as anxious as you Levi, and I don't even know what is coming!!! But if you designed it, it's got to be awesome. Keep us posted. BTW, I need some more kits for awaiting customers. Give me a call or email me.

Joseph Puentes
[email protected]
Old 07-12-2011, 06:56 AM
jagalletta

Does anyone know if 3dfoamy.com is still in business and/or is it a scam?  I'm curiously wondering and hope not to upset anyone with this question.  I just ordered this kit: http://3dfoamy.com/index.php?option=...ory_pathway=12 from them, and payment went through.  I'm just curious as to who these people are as they do not have any contact information or address on their website. (Which is a huge red flag for me - after the fact.) 

Please respond to this post if you have ever dealt with 3dfoamy.com or have any knowledge about their service.

Concerned,
John

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.