Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Shokflyer F3A outline?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 02:29 PM
J.Paul Saure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shokflyer F3A outline?

Hello there!

Our only "local" (500km from where I live!) hobby shop here in Chile is only selling the old shokflyers.
I'm not going to pay US$30 shipping on a US$45 plane (+ US$20 import taxes![:'(]) so geting it from hobby-lobby is out of the question, and the LHS has been telling that they'd bring it in "the next order" for months now.....

I don't like to steal desings, but I'll ask for it anyway:

Does anyone have the dimensions and/or layout of the F3A shokflyer to share?
PM or email me if you don't want to post it!!![X(]

Thank you very much!!!

Saludos,
Paul
Old 05-11-2005, 03:53 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Shokflyer F3A outline?

Ill, try to get the dimensions on it for you. I can measure it tonight. If they are charging you 20 to import it....thats a load of ...well you know. There shouldnt be any import charges, they ought to be able to send it regular postal mail. It's just a small cardboard box. Hell, they could fed-ex it, and it would probably never see customs.

Go straight to www.shockflyer.com
They offer free shipping. I dont know if they can ship to chile, or if they have the F3A, but it might be worth a try.

Old 05-12-2005, 10:40 AM
J.Paul Saure

Default RE: Shokflyer F3A outline?

Thanks!

Imports in Chile pay 26% over the cost of the product+shipping+insurance[:'(]. The US$20 on this order is what customs can charge, not Hobby-lobby.

I've been lucky with my orders with hobby-lobby until now, they went "free" through customs, but they were very small packages. On the other side, I recently paid US$35 on taxes for a FMA Quatum 6 RX!!! Everything in Chile goes through customs (even fedex orders), and sometimes they tax your order, sometimes they don't.

A package the size of a shokflyer is probably going to get "atention" from customs. Our LHS gets very good prices, but I supose they buy directly to ikarus in big volumes. If they had the F3A in stock, I'd buy it from them.

Saludos,
Paul