Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

ParkZone Typhoon for a beginner 3-D Pilot?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

ParkZone Typhoon for a beginner 3-D Pilot?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Fisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ParkZone Typhoon for a beginner 3-D Pilot?

I have been flying a Parkzone Slo-V and F-27 Stryker for about 8 months and I am able to put them both in the air and perform some decent aerobatics without crashing. I am now interested in a 3-D plane for indoor flight during the winter. Any thoughts about the soon to be released ParkZone Typhoon as being a decent first 3-D plane?
Old 06-09-2005, 05:40 PM
tf2psycho
Banned

Default RE: ParkZone Typhoon for a beginner 3-D Pilot?

i think you will love 3d planes i started with a tyco rc, then firebird 2 and lost 3 of them untill i got my 3d foamies then it was easy to fly................ i found it more diffuicult to fly a regular trainer then a 3d plane i have over 100 flights on my yak54f and everytime i do something different or it impresses me in some way ..yesterday i took my yak up in the sky till it was a tiny spot then cut the motor and flew in huge steady circles (4ever!)it was flying better then my glider and its a yak3d foamie lol anyway my point is the typhoon looks like a good deal and highly recommend it for a first 3d plane wish i could have got one for my first i had to somewhat build mine the tribute lol lots of ca alittle epoxy and one screw still easy but messy at times i still have blood all over my tribute becuase i dripped ca on control lines and had to use a razor to scrape well a few budweisers and next thing you know oh well no stiches and with my gas air boat i had to get 7 stiches on my hand because i was adjusting the fuel screw hand slipped right into a .40 os with graphite prop ouch!!!!![&:]
Old 06-09-2005, 09:44 PM
bobcagen

I dont know for sure but I think you may need some serious room to fly this one indoors. Its heavy. Maybe when David Ribbe gets back from over seas he will tell us
Old 06-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Fly-n-3D

I think that it will be a good plane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62355.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	282897   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93460.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	282898  
Old 06-09-2005, 10:09 PM
turbovector

I agree with bob, at 26oz it seems like a bit much for indoor use. We'll have to wait for some firsthand flight reports on just how slow it will go.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Fisher

All,

Thanks for the feed back. Sounds like no one is telling me to stay the heck away from the Typhoon. Just don't expect to fly it around inside a grade school gym the first week I have it. Since I do not belong to a club and I do not even know anyone else who flies RC, what is my best route for self teaching on a 3D plane. What are the easiest maneuvers to start with or internet resources to use. I do have a copy of FMS. Is there a model available for it that would be a good 3D trainer?
Old 06-10-2005, 02:33 PM
bobcagen

I wouldnt tell you to stay away from it as I am in line to get one myself. I have no idea what to start off ith as its my first 3d. The thing to remember is it will be a 4 channel and not like what you are used to. Crash it a few times and we will both get the hang of it
Old 06-10-2005, 05:07 PM
tf2psycho
Banned

the souther x is a gret 3d model i have it for download on mmy web site[link=http://californiadetail.tripod.com/3dairplanes]3d fms and model site[/link]
Old 06-13-2005, 09:35 PM
richohealey

stay up high!!! that will keep in one piece for a while.... aside from that, keep it slow, between 1/3 and 2/3 throttle. and if you are confident enough just use full throttle to pull out of goof ups. get off the controls as you do it though or you will get power stall, flat spin, som ething else you weren't expecting etc.

good luck

-richo
Old 06-15-2005, 02:43 AM
Fisher

tf2psycho,

The souther x is a nice flying model. Now I just need to get a 4 channel controller to make it work right. Even with just 3 channels it gives me a good feel for what will be going on with the extra control surface.

Thanks much.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:10 AM
xoon
My Feedback: (3)

fisher, do you have a controller for FMS? if so, PM or send an email to me and i might be able to help you.... that's all i'm saying[:-]
Old 06-15-2005, 10:48 AM
Fly-n-3D

I use my RealFlight G3 controller for FMS.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:54 PM
tf2psycho
Banned

i use the saitek dual analog game pad with FMS ,seems to work great and i can use it for games too FMS and the southern X actually taught me how to fly 3d ..when i got my first 3d plane and flew it, i felt very comfortable

Anyone have GTA san Andres for PC ? how does it compare to GTA San andres ps2?
has anyone put there own cars into the new pc version yet??

i just picked up driver 3 and its not that good ,,cant shoot from car unless its a special mission[]
Old 06-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Fisher

XOON,

I am just using a Microsoft Sidewinder Control Stick. Left - Right, Up- Down and a whole bunch of buttons. Sounds like the easiest thing for me would be to get a dual stick game pad like tf2psycho mentioned.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:34 AM
tf2psycho
Banned

just got gta san andreas and the dual analog i was talking about works great for flying planes on computer and playing gta SA(just got it awsome f....ing game especiall with the uncensored mod
Old 06-22-2005, 08:14 PM
Raventiger15

One of the best things that helped me self teach rc flying was a controller with dual rates. leave it on say 50% so when you jump you don't radically change the attitude of the plane. I guess that would be exegerated on a 3d plane cuz of the control authority with large control surfaces.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:47 PM
under_par_00

ORIGINAL: Fisher

All,

Thanks for the feed back. Sounds like no one is telling me to stay the heck away from the Typhoon. Just don't expect to fly it around inside a grade school gym the first week I have it. Since I do not belong to a club and I do not even know anyone else who flies RC, what is my best route for self teaching on a 3D plane. What are the easiest maneuvers to start with or internet resources to use. I do have a copy of FMS. Is there a model available for it that would be a good 3D trainer?
This is exactly me too. There is no one around who flies RC. I am a self taught Park Zone Super Decathlon pilot, looking at getting the Typhoon for a second plane.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:29 PM
Fisher

under_par_00,

I have been flying the F-27 Stryker with ailerons. If you do not have a aileron plane you will be making a big leap to the Typhoon. I downloaded the souther x for the FMS program and got a dual stick controller. It has been a real chore to remember that the left hand stick also controls the planes direction. I plan to keep flying on the FMS as much as possible until I get my hands on the Typhoon. I might end up buying the Horizon Hobby Yak too since it is much lighter. Just have to see how well the Typhoon flies first.

Old 06-23-2005, 03:46 PM
bobcagen

Hey I live in Ontario also. Where are ya?

ORIGINAL: under_par_00

All,

This is exactly me too. There is no one around who flies RC. I am a self taught Park Zone Super Decathlon pilot, looking at getting the Typhoon for a second plane.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Fly-n-3D

under_par_00,

I have been flying the F-27 Stryker with ailerons. If you do not have a aileron plane you will be making a big leap to the Typhoon. I downloaded the souther x for the FMS program and got a dual stick controller. It has been a real chore to remember that the left hand stick also controls the planes direction. I plan to keep flying on the FMS as much as possible until I get my hands on the Typhoon. I might end up buying the Horizon Hobby Yak too since it is much lighter. Just have to see how well the Typhoon flies first.

The F-27 Stryker has elevons which are ailerons and elevators mixed together.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:56 PM
under_par_00

Bab Cagen, I live in Amherstburg Ontario, near Windsor.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:45 PM
turbovector

Does anyone have any inside information about when in July (exact day) it will be available?
Old 06-25-2005, 03:53 PM
Young-RCPilot

[&:] Well In The Newest MAAC Mag On The Back Great Hobbies Has The Typhoon 3D For 269.99 Canadian. This Should Be A Great Plane To Fly In The Winter At My Field.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Iturnright

No idea on the exact date, but the Horizon Hobbies website says late July. I'm getting a Tensor 4d instead of this plane, but still I can agree that switching from 1stick to 2 will be very hard. I originally flew an Aerobird, although not very well, for about a full year until I found someone to help me get a better grasp of the finer points. There were quite a few other people when we went to fly the first time, and one of them offered I try flying his slow stick. Well, after a while I gave up and said I'd give it a try. Let me tell you- switching like that is hard! I kept trying to do everything on one stick, then couldn't figure out what to do in some occasions. I didn't crash but I had to hand over the TX twice. I'll certainly be taking some time to get used to the new setup.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:21 PM
tf2psycho
Banned

my first 3d and 4 channel was the e-flite tribute still have it in one peice and now flying the yak 54f ...the extreme throws make it easy for me to fly since i can pull out of anything bad...now i am a self proclamed pro at flying and my first 4 channel was a 3d plane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.