Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

ParkZone Typhoon Video.

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

ParkZone Typhoon Video.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 12:02 PM
pache11
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone Typhoon Video.

I bought my Typhoon Wednesday. Easy assembly will pull out of my hand at a little more then 1/2 throttle with stock battery. Too windy to maiden here 15-20mph winds. Overall a great plane design. I have a couple of strykers, an avistar, Ultra stick 46 w/saito .82, a tensor 4d, uproar w/saito .56, and a showtime 4d .90 w/ys-110 that I am still building. Hope to maiden this evening or tomorrow morning if the wind will accomadate.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:16 PM
rlau

Just got my Typhoon yesterday, I have 5 flights on it and the elevator servo is stripped already. I really didn't even do anything dramatic, some rolls, loops, hovered it a few times and some basic aerobatics. Called support they are sending me a new one but I think I will go to the lhs and get a hitec or futaba servo for the elevator and rudder. I have been flying for about 2 years and have an avistar, a spacewalker II, a sig somethin' extra and a couple more, I have never done any 3D flying but by the 3rd flight I was doing hovers, spins, waterfalls and some crazy stuff that I didn't even know I could do. I have been a little afraid to do the 3D with my gas planes but I think the typhoon will be a great trainer. I was flying in 5 - 15 mph winds and it flew like a dream. I have the parkzone p51 so I have 3 stock nimh batts and I could not charge them fast enough. I got about 10-12 minutes per battery. I flew it at low rates and it was fairly docile, flipped the high rates and it had an awesome roll rate. It is in the outermost hole on the control horn, I can't imagine what it will do in the inside hole and with a lipo.
Can't wait to fly it tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:29 PM
ifixairplanes
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aw man. I'm like a kid the night before christmas right now.

My Typhoon is expected to be delivered to work tomorrow. Then thursday I should be getting my lipo, then thursday or friday I should be getting my lipo charger.

Hope I don't have to get new servos for it, the visa is maxed out
But if/when they do, they will be replaced with hs-81's. Alot of people in another forum have had their servo's strip out on them.

Sean
Old 10-13-2005, 10:54 AM
rlau

I used the hitec 51 to replace the stripped servo gear, I think, $15, I may be wrong but I think the 81 has metal gears and is $35. I think that might be overkill. and it is heavier. Seems to respond very quickly. I will probably replace the rudder also. Parkzone is replacing the servo but Don't know if I will use it in this plane.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:15 AM
rlau

I was wrong I used a hitec 81 servo not a 51. Don't think they even make a 51.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Fisher

Couple of questions on the TX.

1. There are two toggle switches on top of the TX. The right one is for Hi/Lo rates. The other one is a self returning lever. Is there a function for the left toggle on Typhoon or is this for the X-port on soon to come models?

2. There are two other ports on the lower sides of the TX. Are they functional charging and buddy box ports?

Any ideas?
Old 10-15-2005, 11:54 AM
MASTERYODA

the typhoon is exactly what im looking for but i live in the u.k and cant seem to find anyone that sells them over here,can anyone help?
Old 10-15-2005, 12:08 PM
nitro125

order it off the inter net
Old 10-16-2005, 07:31 AM
MASTERYODA

if i have to i will order it in from the u.s but i was hoping there would be a u.k based site that sells it so replacement parts or spares would be easier to get hold of
Old 10-17-2005, 02:42 PM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

hey all. thanks for all the insight on that typhoon. been flyin slow v for a while, starting to get boring.gonna jump to typhoon. can i remove those ugly stickers and spray paint her? Any weight problems forseen?
Old 10-17-2005, 05:44 PM
gibson_ryan

The wings are hollow (sorta) and have a mylar covering over them. You *could* replace that covering with a color of your choice I would imagine. As for the rest of the decals, I would think that a light coat of paint would be an insignificant change in weight. Going from the NiMh to LiPo battery saves you about 3oz, and longer run-time if you are concerned about weight too much!
Old 10-30-2005, 09:19 PM
Btaff
My Feedback: (3)

I've had my Typhoon for about a week now. I flown a several times with the LiPo batt.

I've had problems with servos stripping out! Anybody else? First it was my rudder servo. It was stripped before the first flight. Horizon replaced it. Just flew it one time today and now my elevator servo is stripped. I'm starting to have second thoughts about buying this plane. I spent $349 for it with the celectra charger, LiPo batt and some spare props. Buyers remorse is creeping in as I wish I would have bought a higher quality kit.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Get Real

Btaff.. do yourself a favor and get a hitec hs81.. the plastic gear one is good or shell out six more bucks for metal gear version.. they fit without shimming.. use a little rubber cement on servo case and hot glue on the outside of case where screw would go to secure or reglue stock hold in tabs. your not the only one but theres a handful of people on here with the typhoon out of probally over 10000 or more that have probally been sold/i havent visited this post in awhile.. but looking through i also noticed people interested in the parkflyer edge.. i own both and would buy both again. both fly really well. typhoon downfall... no lipo. parkflyer edge downfall... needs a better motor wont hover stock. typhoon remedy tp2100 11.1 and lipo charger about $130.00 but not needed. parkflyer edge remedy.. e-flite 400 inrunner or 450 outrunner and some elbow grease $70.00-$80.00 needed if you want to hover. im in the midwest.. and weathers been windy and i probally wont get much stick time in the rest of year or have anymore video... could some of you fellow typhoon owners get some videos posted. thank you
Old 10-05-2006, 04:19 PM
stewie139

hi there i am thinking on buying a typhoon. But i never had a 4 channel plane i have had the firebird commander 2. And i only had it 2 weeks and it is way to easy. Would i find this aircraft very difficult or do you think i could get used to it. Would i be taking a really big risk in buying the typhoon or do you think it is possible for me to manage it.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:26 PM
gibson_ryan

If you have any experience with a 3-channel plane, it won't be too hard for you, but if you only have experience with a 2-channel model, you might want to invest in some spare parts before you start flying. I wouldn't say it's HARD to fly, but it's definately not for a beginner. There is virtually no dihedral, so it doesn't try to right itself out of banks, you have to manually correct for everything. Previously I had a Hobbyzone Aerobird Extreme, and had nothing but trouble with it on take-off...no way to do a rolling start (no way to steer it on the ground), and it stalled out into a destructive wing-over on hand launches...however, once airborne, it was much easier to fly than the Typhoon...yet still a lot of fun.

I like a good challenge, and am pretty happy with the Typhoon. Though, I'll definately be investing in a transmitter that has expo though, as the rates are much too fast on the Typhoon for a novice, even on the slowest control horn setting. If you only have 2-channel experience, unless you are up for a good challenge and can afford spare parts, I would get a good three channel electric that is capable of doing rolling starts (ie. steerable tail or nose) wheel.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:36 AM
KyJoe340

I've got about 20 flights on my Typhoon with the stock nimh bat. My elevator servo is starting to strip, other then that I really like the plane. Only about 5 to 7 minutes fly time with the stock battery. I went from an Aerobird Extreme to this but I've put about 20 hours on my G3 before I flew my Typhoon. In my case I think the G3 payed for itself. Going from a Firebird to a Typhoon is a little risky but worth it. I don't fly my Extreme much anymore the Typhoon is much more interesting.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:55 PM
ziggy653

Old 10-19-2006, 12:59 PM
ziggy653

Nice foamie, I have flown quite a few foamies now and this is a great deal for the MONEY. I did not try the stock battery I just put in my 2200's and went to town, WOW what a great little flyer. Check out some Video on Google Video under the heading RC Typhoon and also From User when your in the video's. Have a great day and KEEP YOUR RUDDER OFF THE GRASS
Old 10-24-2006, 08:17 PM
flyierjon

Hi everyone.

I had a typhoon and it was a great flying airplane. Still have it.
I am wondering if the stock speed control will handle a larger brushless motor like a 480? If any one can help on this that would be great!
Thanks in advance!
Jon
Old 10-28-2006, 01:08 PM
solar696

could anybody comment if the typhoon will take a 10 cell instead of 9 cell Nmhi battery?
I am not trilled about investing in li-po batteries for $60-70/ each when they can die in a single (minor)crash or in over charge/discharge. I like to stick to Nmhi, as they are more forgiving.

thanks
Old 10-28-2006, 01:12 PM
flyierjon

Hi Solar,
Yes it should take a 10 cell nimh. I also had the same problem paying so much for lipo batts. Talked to hobby town and they had lipos for sale for $25 that worked great for the typhoon and the charger for them was only another $25 so before you rule out lipos check it out see what prices you can get. The Lipos i got were 1320mah and 3 cell and my typhoon flew for about 20 min on a charge!

Jon