Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Those with Ultrafly Furious/Outrage...I Need Help

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Those with Ultrafly Furious/Outrage...I Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 11:15 AM
tremec77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those with Ultrafly Furious/Outrage...I Need Help

I'm in the process of building my Furious and I can't figure out how to mount the prop. I'm using APC props. and my the directions it looks like you just press the prop unto the shaft. However, this looks like it will fly off. I'm using the B/06/10 brushless motor. So how is everyone mounting the prop?
Old 08-26-2005, 02:28 PM
andy98801

Default RE: Those with Ultrafly Furious/Outrage...I Need Help

you need a prop adaptor or prop saver, if using a prop saver use a small o ring or rubber band to hold the prop on. I promise its not a press fit. I LOVE my Outrage it fly very nice. youl like it alot. later
Andy
Old 08-28-2005, 07:59 PM
LuckyArmpit

I'm running a great planes rimfire brushless outrunner in my Outrage. The motor comes with a prop adapter and 6 O rings to hold on the props. I have many flights on mine and not one broken apc prop. The prop adapter has two small screws, one on each side. This is where the O ring slips over on then over the prop and then on to the other screw. Many online hobby shops sell these. I'd suggest you pick one up and save a few $$$ from buying a bushel of apc props.

Dave...
Old 11-23-2005, 04:54 PM
Towers

I saw that you are using the Outrage with the Rimfire, what ESC and batt. are you using???

I am using a Rimfire a 8 amp ESC and a 3S 8C 1500mah 11.V LiPo batt.... What do you guys think about this set up??
Old 11-25-2005, 08:27 PM
LuckyArmpit

Towers, yep, same esc as your using. However, I have stuck to 3S 1200 lipos. I also have one 3S 1100 lipo. I'm tellin ya, don't the rimfire fly the plane really well? I wouldn't hesitate to pick up another rimfire for a plane that weighs the same as the outrage.

Dave...
Old 12-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Towers

Well, because i am a international customer, the Rimfire and the ESC arrived this week, and I am still waiting for the Outrage (can´t wait for it!!!) but as soon as I get mi bipe an fly it, i would tell you (estimate month and a half for that, hopefully less) but I am planing to test the motor on a stand, to see its performance...Did you already fly an outrage??? if you did, hoe does it performs on hovers and low-speed flying??
Old 01-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Towers

Well... I have flown my Outrage a lot on the past weeks with the Rimfire, 8 Amp ESC and 1.5 amp batt. it is great... vertical performance is unlimited and hovers with aprox. 3/4 of throttle, I love it... the only thing that I didn't like, all the tape that tends to come loose on every flight... also is a great looking plane!!! i would buy another one in case this one meets the ground hard!!!