Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

another 3d ultimate question

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

another 3d ultimate question

Old 10-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Vallier Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another 3d ultimate question

today i bent the axel on my gear box so now i have a reason to go brushless and recommendations????
Old 10-11-2005, 11:06 AM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: another 3d ultimate question

Hi:
Lets see, a Ford, or GMC. I have had great results with the AXI 2212 from Hobby Lobby and the Hacker 20-22L, 25 amp Phoenix or hacker 20 A controllers, TP 1320 batteries on planes over 17-18 oz. rcxplanes.com has the hackers for under $50. less than the aXI after you buy the motor mount and prop nut. Hacker comes with everything needed including two spare shafts. Motor and battery hardly above ambient temperature after a 3D session. If you want a outstanding plane to go with the motors, buy the rcx planes Illusion or Extra 330L, a combo deal at $164.00 gives you everything except battery. Will be the best and toughest foamy you will ever have or see. I love to fly mine, and fly in the same winds the rest of the glow guys do. Planes are ridgid. My glow and gas planes (12) are gathering dust as all I want to take out to the field are my Illusion and Extra. Illusion better all round 3d-r, Extera 330L holds hover and torque rolls easier than anything I have ever had. Illusion has so much rudder authority you will find new reasons to use the thing. Both do easy KN loops, 2-3 at a time. Key to rudder on the Illusion is getting the right expo. and throw for you. Four weeks ago a friend brought one to the field and let me fly. Ordered the same day. Now have 10 guys at the flying them and loving every minute! Get 15-17 minutes flights from both setups. Try rcx planes, great product and service backed up withn honest dealer who guarantees what he sells. How can you beat that?