Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

QQ E - Yak - 54...anyone have it yet????

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

QQ E - Yak - 54...anyone have it yet????

Old 11-04-2005, 03:57 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default QQ E - Yak - 54...anyone have it yet????

It looks like it could be a nice flyer and I am thinking about getting one. Just wondering if anyone already has one and has some feedback on it.
Thanks.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:09 AM
emnm79
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: QQ E - Yak - 54...anyone have it yet????

If you're talking about the balsa plane, IMO it is junk. It is the worst plane I have ever bought... AWESOME wing... too bad everything else is flexible, easy to break/hard to fix junk... Mine has been sitting for a long time... what a waste of $110. IMO, go with the E-flite foam one... much better plane, easier to fix, and takes the same power system...
Old 11-05-2005, 10:59 AM
bodywerks

I have the e-flifght foamy. It's not bad, but I just don't like flat wings, and the fuse was all twisted up out of the box.
I am just looking for a built-up electric with an airfoiled wing that looks a little bit like a plane. The QQ looks the best, IMO. The EF Yak wing looks nothing like a Yak wing, and same goes for the aeroworks Sukoi.
Are you the only owner? Anyone else with the same or different opinion?
Old 11-05-2005, 11:36 PM
mxcop114
My Feedback: (5)

I just flew mine today for the first time. The only problem I had was that the fuse and sufaces come a little warped so you have to spend time with the heat gun. I never totally got all the warps out, but the plane flies great. Very stable and predictable, 3d's well in my opinion. It is very flexable and somewhat flimsy, but it doesn't seem to affect the flying. I'm going to add some flat carbon strips to the fuse and what ever else I feel it could benifit. QQ has a speacial right now on this plane, it is $139.00 including the brushless motor and spped control. Thats also free shiping, you can't beat the price for a built up plane like this.

Lee
Old 11-06-2005, 02:49 AM
bodywerks

Wow! That might be reason enough right there!
Old 11-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Just go them [link=http://www.3dxhobbies.com/cart]in[/link] they look really well built!
Old 11-17-2005, 03:21 AM
bodywerks

I ordered one on Monday. I just hope the power system is enough for 6500 feet elevation...
Old 11-19-2005, 04:00 PM
bodywerks

Got it. I am actually impressed at first glance. The twist is no big deal, and they talk about it in the instructions. As far as the flexy fuse - I think I will deal with it until I think it is a problem, if at all.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:49 PM
BadBoy__MadMikey

I got mine two weeks ago. I love it!!! and all my buddys at the feild love it too!!! it locks into tourque rolls!!! hovers like no other!!! so smooth a predictable!!! the power system they sell is he one i'm using and it flys it great!!! i added a 3-d foamie carbon landing gear to mine instead of the flimsy wire one. also i added some 3/8" triangle stock on the bottom statring at the trailing edge and going up about 3 inchs. it helped with some flex too, also i ran a peice of 3mm carbon tube down the bottom of the fuse up to about the cg and it makes it so strong, still flexs some but adds alot of strength!!! you will love this plane!! if your the kind of flyer who dorks the foamies in the ground every 2 flights them this is the plane for you!!! you can baby it but if your good you can tare up so air!!!!

Mike
Old 11-20-2005, 08:44 AM
bodywerks

I'm not much on crashing, which is why I bought this plane. I am also not a hacker and I am not trying to hover this thing in the bathroom while I'm taking a dump like some of these overly talented kids with too much time on their hands. I just wanted something to fly at a nearby park.
Would you say the power-to-weight is about 2:1? For some reason, even electrics suffer at my elevation...
Old 11-29-2005, 10:27 AM
bodywerks

Okay, at second glance, once you remove all the bubble wrap and stuff, THIS THING IS A FLIMSY PIECE OF JUNK!!!! Fuse looks like a snake and is twisted, and there is no way in heck to get this thing straight.
No biggie - you get what you pay for. Hopefullt the motor and such isn't crap as well so I can use it for something else when this thing falls apart, which will likely be on the first flight!!!
Old 11-29-2005, 03:26 PM
kepople

Well, I got one from the first batch.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=78

I did some stuff to mine to stiffen te fuse and reinforce the motor mount. I have given up on trying to get all the twists out. Now when I fly it, I just retrim it on the first launch if needed.

let me say, that twisted or not, it is a great flying plane. The wing shape is excellent. The plane walls well, parachutees nice, harriers pretty well, knifes fine with just a little roll coupling (due to rudder twist I am sure), knife spins are awesome, flat spins are very good, and it flat turns like a truck. Rolls are axial.

So, I would say, if you want a precision flying plane, this is not it, but for good 3d its pretty good.

http://www.rcgroups.com/gallery/show...cat=500&page=1

heres a video of the second flight. I need to get another one.

I have thought if something happens to the plane, I might see if I can put this wing on a full fuse plane.

Kirby
Old 11-29-2005, 08:11 PM
bodywerks

I don't regret buying it, it's just poorly built...