Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Help with my foamy. I think I broke it.

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Help with my foamy. I think I broke it.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 10:03 PM
WATTSPD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with my foamy. I think I broke it.

I just finished assembling my new 3D plane and I think I broke it. My parts consist of a KMS 370 size "KBM31/21" brushless motor, KMS "KBSC18" 18 amp ESC, FMA direct cell pro 1500mAh 2C 7.4volt lipo battery, and a Spektrum 2.4Ghz radio system. I installed all of these items on the plane and started to play with the radio to program it. I reversed the motor setting on the radio with the battery plugged in and motor mount set screw loose. I instantly observed my plane fly across the living room and crash. The plane suffered no damage however, Due to the motor mount set screw being loose the motor seperated into two pieces and twisted the three wires to wind very tight around the bearing shaft. I observed none of the wires to be damged on the motor so I put it back together. The next day it attempted to fly my plane and my motor would attempt to spin the opposite direction (Looking at the front of the plane clockwise) with intermintant Juice even at full power. If I powered down and powered back up the motor would sometimes spin the right direction (Counterclockwise) but at any thing more than half power it would instantly shut off. When I first tested the plane I did not charge the battery out of the package since I was just testing my servos. On the day I tried to fly the plane I charged the Lipo battery for 1:45 min at 1000mAh with my "Electrifly Poly Charge " charger at 1000mA. I can only assume that the battery is fully charged and that there is some damage to the motor
Old 01-24-2006, 11:54 AM
lwatson
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Help with my foamy. I think I broke it.

I would send both the motor and the ESC to KMS to have them check it out. It probably is the motor, but you might as well send both in.

Larry
Old 01-24-2006, 09:15 PM
mountaindr3wz

you can try to switch the wires around where it connects to the esc.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:32 AM
WATTSPD

Thanks i'll give it a try...