Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

E-Flite BYP-YAK by QQ

Old 02-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Richieonthefly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite BYP-YAK by QQ

Wow! You're gonna have a blast with that, It has tons of lift so just find a good CG and tear it up.
My system is a 1200kv Common Sense motor through an E-flite 20 amp ESC and a JR reciever.
Along with the biggest wheels you can find make sure your aeliron? is that right? servo is a good one you'll use it doing complete control throws pushing 4 aelirons. I learned the hard way on "Snoopy 1" it locked up in a knife edge and cart wheeled. Thats when I got the Idea of the bamboo inlay in the leading edges which I cannot stress doing enough. Snoopy 2 would already look like an NTSB investigation.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:59 PM
rc airplane nut
My Feedback: (5)

I've flown mine 3 times and love it but when in knife edge or inverted it tucks hard towards the belly, any Ideas about what is causing this?
Old 11-27-2009, 02:03 PM
rc airplane nut
My Feedback: (5)

nvm, I gave it a little up thrust and it is almost perfect.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:23 AM
chuckstarck
My Feedback: (1)

Default I know it is 10 years later but...

A bypyak was left at the field FreeBee area so I brought it home. Lots of canopy cement (my choice for foam) and fixin' but I'm about ready to add the motor and figure out the battery. Someone please... where is the CG point?
Thanks in advance!
chuck

Originally Posted by Richieonthefly
Wow! You're gonna have a blast with that, It has tons of lift so just find a good CG and tear it up.
My system is a 1200kv Common Sense motor through an E-flite 20 amp ESC and a JR reciever.
Along with the biggest wheels you can find make sure your aeliron? is that right? servo is a good one you'll use it doing complete control throws pushing 4 aelirons. I learned the hard way on "Snoopy 1" it locked up in a knife edge and cart wheeled. Thats when I got the Idea of the bamboo inlay in the leading edges which I cannot stress doing enough. Snoopy 2 would already look like an NTSB investigation.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:19 PM
SNARLACLES
My Feedback: (20)

Originally Posted by chuckstarck
A bypyak was left at the field FreeBee area so I brought it home. Lots of canopy cement (my choice for foam) and fixin' but I'm about ready to add the motor and figure out the battery. Someone please... where is the CG point?
Thanks in advance!
chuck
the CG is 3.25" from the LE, I flew mine with 800mah