Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Lil Banchee 3D

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 09:49 AM
johnc1go
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lil Banchee 3D

Still flying my lil banchee. I didn't like the rearward CG, I don't think planes should climb when they're inverted. I removed some wood and covering forward of the battery tray and rebuilt the area with stick balsa. I then lengthened the battery tray using ply of the same thickness that was on the plane originally. I have been able to place my packs about an inch further forward than before and now the CG is just right.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:05 AM
lenz rc
My Feedback: (228)

I got over 200 runs on mine

My set up was a stock motor ESC from Cemark for the first 100 runs. I bent the prop shaft and have tried few more motors on it . AXI 2208-34 was Ok little fast with only 9-6 prop without overheating it. The motor I have on it know is a E-Flight 370 outrunner with no problems with pull-out TP-1320 pro light and if calm days 3 cell 460 Duelsky. The new Vampower 1000 3 cell rocks on it with 30C -You guys have to give one a try.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Spiccoli

I hope to maiden my Lil Banchee later this week if the winds here in North Texas are favorable. I am very impressed by how easy this plane builds. The only thing I really don't like is the way the outrunner engines mount with just two screws on the very front of the plane. I actually made myself a firewall and used the X-shaped mount that came with my Park 400. That way I didn't have take the motor apart and bang on the shaft and make it exit another direction. It also has the motor about 1/4" farther forward than it would have been, so I'm hoping this will help with the CG.

It looks like my AUW will come out around 15 1/2 ounces with a TP 1320 battery. Is that in the ballpark with what the rest of you guys have?
Old 09-18-2006, 01:26 PM
patzane

don't know I having weight mine. However, it the best elec. plane I have and love to fly. I love to fly this baby on windy days. Last week after about 250 flight on mine I was invented about 1 foot above ground and dumbs down on stick. Did little danage to the front end, but can be easy repaired.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:43 PM
Spiccoli

My LB flew great yesterday despite a near disaster on the first takeoff. The plane slammed back down into the pavement. Luckily there was no damage because I just pulled it straight back up into the sky. Once I got it trimmed it was awesome. Very sensitive on the elevator w/very tight loops even on low rates. Very fast roll rate on high rates, but I love the way it stops when you let go of the sticks. Good in a hover even though the CG was forward. Very good slow flyer and easy lander. I can't wait to move the CG back and fly it again this weekend. The LB is an awesome plane!
Old 09-24-2006, 01:29 AM
johnc1go

I didn't like the CG from the factory. When I flipped the plane on it's back, it climbed. I cutout part of the fuse under the nose and lengthened the battery tray by one inch forward and used the battery as ballast. Plane flies just about right now. As far as hovering w/a forward CG....just keep practicing, it took me an entire summer to hover with any success at all.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:18 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

What?
Old 09-25-2006, 10:26 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

*****t, What does mean this ? Dumbs down on stick? Danage?
ORIGINAL: patzane

don't know I having weight mine. However, it the best elec. plane I have and love to fly. I love to fly this baby on windy days. Last week after about 250 flight on mine I was invented about 1 foot above ground and dumbs down on stick. Did little danage to the front end, but can be easy repaired.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:28 PM
patzane

As i was flying inverted about 1 foot above ground the nose til down and instead of me give a little up on the elev I pull down on the elve. easy fit now I am back in the air
ORIGINAL: PilotLight

*****t, What does mean this ? Dumbs down on stick? Danage?
ORIGINAL: patzane

Old 12-23-2006, 01:16 AM
patzane

E-Flite is coming out with a Cap profile almost same built at the banchee. is anyone looking to get. I just put one on order at my LHS
Old 12-29-2006, 06:41 PM
SalvageMan

I have one with a hacker A20-20l and I can't imagine what it would be with a Park 480 in it. My MUS has a 480 and I almost never give it full throttle.

I love the LB, but I'm very unhappy with Cermark, though, I won't buy another of their products.

After I got my LB built, the fuse started getting a bow in it, and it kept getting worse until there was about 1-1/4 inch bow from front to back. I tried everything to get the bow out, but to no avail. I finally solved it by strapping a 3/16 CF tube to the fuse from front to back with zip ties.

I emailed Cermark about the problem but they completely ignored my request for help.
Bad on you, Cermark.

Chuck
Old 12-29-2006, 08:29 PM
patzane

Salvageman sorry to hear about that. I use the E-Flite 450 and that has lots of power for this plane. I think a 480 will rip the wings off. The problem I do have with the LB in the motor set for outrunner motor. I had to rebuilt the front end about 4 times as the part of the plane is very week.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:42 PM
patzane

I just brought the E-Flite Cap 232 which has same built as the banchee. The control surface is a big larger, but the banchee flies much better and more fun than the Cap. Plus cheaper.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:20 AM
doughouse

I just finished building mine and am using a HiMax 2812-850 with a 10x4.7 prop and a CC25 ESC, should this combo work ok ? also was wondering if I should put the gear on since I fly my electrics in my backyard and will be landing on the grass. Please let me know what you think.

Doug
Old 01-18-2007, 02:21 PM
johnc1go

I took the gear off mine when I stopped using pavement and started using grass. It just noses over on landing.